MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recording Guitar Live, I hear the guitar fine, but can't record
dreamstatedj
posté jeu. 2 mars 2006, 04:48
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mars 06
Lieu : San Francisco - KH
Membre no 77,547

I'm having a problem. I just recently figured out the audio problem, I was finally able to mess around with what Logic has to offer and I even figured out how to get my guitar to sound. Now the problem I am having is I'm not sure how to record my guitar onto a track live. I tried pressing record and playing the guitar, I hear it fine, but nothing comes up. What do I have to do to be able to record live?

By the way I am using a G5 with the Motu 896hd. The problem is recording it live not the audio itself, I hear all the software instruments fine and the guitar.

Thanks in advance for your response
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UP Multimedia
posté jeu. 2 mars 2006, 13:54
Message #2

Rookie

Inscrit : 14 sept. 05
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 69,997

Did you check: The Input? What Input is your Amp and Microphone using? I hope it is as simple as that... Common mistake... The Input is in the Arrange Window, above the Fader... Below the Sends... Above the Output. Hope this is the problem. Also check cables and is the source "plugged-in"? Good luck, keep creating those Guitar licks... I wanna hear em'!

+Quote Post
dreamstatedj
posté jeu. 2 mars 2006, 18:33
Message #3

Inscrit : 01 mars 06
Lieu : San Francisco - KH
Membre no 77,547

Yes, like I said...I can hear everything fine. I can hear the guitar fine, and mic. The inputs are connected to the right spots, I did assign the track to the right input (I'm guessing since I can hear the guitar when i do, correct?)

I just have no idea how to begin to record live once I press record and play the guitar.

+Quote Post
seabass069
posté jeu. 2 mars 2006, 21:08
Message #4

Inscrit : 24 oct. 05
Lieu : Silverdale - US
Membre no 71,620

dreamstatedj,

What settings did you use to be able to play and hear your guitar and mic. I have an m-audio firewire solo w/ a guitar and mic hooked in to it. My OS X preferences are set to the m-audio firewire solo as my input. I cannot figure out the settings for logic. I am using desktop speakers as my monitors and a usb keyboard for my synths (which I got that to work). I have bought the videos from macproaudio.com, but they do not tell me what settings to use for a guitar and mic. Any advice would help.

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté sam. 4 mars 2006, 00:41
Message #5

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

Did you assign the proper output? most important for hearing any track.
Also did record enable the track?

cool.gif

Ce message a été modifié par gdoubleyou - sam. 4 mars 2006, 00:42.

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
UP Multimedia
posté sam. 4 mars 2006, 06:53
Message #6

Rookie

Inscrit : 14 sept. 05
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 69,997

You're right! Damn... Missed that one completely... Bravo... That has got to be it?! Hope so for the Guitarist in question. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be... Hang in there... it will get sorted...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 22 sept. 2024, 05:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008