MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foot Switching Through My Axiom By Midi....? How?, Trying to program and Im lost.
reco
posté lun. 28 avril 2008, 08:21
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 19 févr. 03
Lieu : Farmington - US
Membre no 12,662

Hey all,

I don't usually get to much into setting up MIDI Stuff since I bought a MacBook Laptop and a few soft synths.

But I have an Issue that I want to see if I can resolve it.

I play with a band that has drums, bass, vocals and me on synths and loops.

I use Reason 4, Ableton Live 7 and Logic 8, When were playing I may be using Reason and have three different synths that I need to switch to and from during verse, chorus, bridge etc.

What I would like to do is be able to do that with a MIDI foot switch like a MIDI Mouse or a guitar type MIDI controller.

Anyone have any tips or tricks or just the answer on how I could do that with the given software? I'm lost on how it could be done.

I'm using a Axiom 49 and possibly a guitar type MIDI foot controller.....

Thanks for any help.

-Reco
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ironhead
posté mar. 29 avril 2008, 07:15
Message #2

Inscrit : 22 mars 05
Lieu : Cancun - MX
Membre no 62,788

QUOTE (reco @ Mon 28 Apr 2008, 07:21) *
Hey all,

I don't usually get to much into setting up MIDI Stuff since I bought a MacBook Laptop and a few soft synths.

I use Reason 4, Ableton Live 7 and Logic 8, When were playing I may be using Reason and have three different synths that I need to switch to and from during verse, chorus, bridge etc.

What I would like to do is be able to do that with a MIDI foot switch like a MIDI Mouse or a guitar type MIDI controller.

Anyone have any tips or tricks or just the answer on how I could do that with the given software? I'm lost on how it could be done.

Well from my little experIence with reason
You can send program change messages to each module
what you can do is create a combinator module with inside the 3 modules you want to use for for you live show then used the show programmer button in the combinator and assign program change patch to each module with your controller or just use several Synth module and in preference and in advance midi assign each midi bus for each virtual midi channel to each module then on the front at the top of the reason interface you will see the midi in and out device where you can assign each one to a module.
BUT before that you need to go to utility and open audio and midi utility and in midi create as much virtual (apple core IAC midi DRIVE ) midi device
which i heard is good lso you can try logic main stage
i hope could help
Thanks for any help.

-Reco

QUOTE (ironhead @ Tue 29 Apr 2008, 06:14) *
Hey all,

what you can do is create a combinator module with inside the 3 modules you want to use for for you live show then used the show programmer button in the combinator and assign program change patch to each module with your controller or just use several Synth module and in preference and in advance midi assign each midi bus for each virtual midi channel to each module then on the front at the top of the reason interface you will see the midi in and out device where you can assign each one to a module.
BUT before that you need to go to utility and open audio and midi utility and in midi create as much virtual (apple core IAC midi DRIVE ) midi device
i hope could help
Thanks for any help.

-Reco

+Quote Post
reco
posté ven. 2 mai 2008, 07:06
Message #3

Inscrit : 19 févr. 03
Lieu : Farmington - US
Membre no 12,662

I sort of figured out a compromise/solution.

I setup zones on my keyboard so Zone one is Midi Channel 1, Zone 2 Channel two Zone 3 Etc.
Then I set each modual in Reason to midi channel 1 -3 so each zone has it own sound.

Works reasonable well(Excuse the pun).

Thanks for your help.

-Reco

QUOTE (ironhead @ Tue 29 Apr 2008, 06:15) *
Hey all,

i hope could help
Thanks for any help.

-Reco

QUOTE (ironhead @ Tue 29 Apr 2008, 06:14) *
Hey all,

i hope could help
Thanks for any help.

-Reco

+Quote Post
ironhead
posté sam. 3 mai 2008, 09:26
Message #4

Inscrit : 22 mars 05
Lieu : Cancun - MX
Membre no 62,788

QUOTE (reco @ Mon 28 Apr 2008, 08:21) *
Hey all,

Thanks for any help.

-Reco

well glad to hear that you got it sort out

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 28 mars 2024, 23:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008