MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic 8 And Firewire 1814 Problems
paulallender
posté lun. 10 mars 2008, 17:06
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 mars 08
Lieu : UK
Membre no 99,450

Hi,

I have Logic 8 installed on my laptop connected to an M-Audio Firewire 1814, Ive installed the latest driver 1.8.3-6 (beta) correctly because the computer is reading the driver. Im Logic the driver is coming up. For some reason theres nothing happening on the box! Im running OSX 10.5.1 on an Intel based mac.

I hope someone can help because this is somewhat frustrating!!

Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
posté mar. 11 mars 2008, 13:00
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

paulallender,

I was just telling someone yesterday about M-Audio problems. It is really a shame the difficulties I have read about M-Audio Interfaces. Too many. I think M-Audio should stop building or manufacturing Interfaces. They are doing Monitors oh yeah, Keyboards which the started with, and now the have begun preying on inexperienced and Entry Level users, who are unsuspecting buyers... 440 Members, it really is important to save your money and buy a really good Interface, you can find "Used" Top Brands for a couple of hundred, dollars, pounds or euros more than a cheap new Interface. If your signals are not getting through, you loose.

Member, you must check with: soundonsound.com

They give the best advice.

+Quote Post
makaala
posté mar. 7 oct. 2008, 07:57
Message #3

Rookie

Inscrit : 17 août 05
Lieu : Den Haag - NL
Membre no 68,847

I have a FW410, G5 dual 2.0, 8 gigs ram, os x 10.5.5 and the latest M-audio driver for that system. Problem: my audio output goes dead and have to resort to switching from 44.1 K to 48 k to reconnect audio output. It is similar to the Garageband initialization trick. I do this about 6 times a day. I use Logic 8 and when I bootup FCP, there's a horrible static "bump" through my speakers as it ties into the system. Then the audio sampling rate fix has to be initiated.
As I'm working, it is frustrating to not have a fix for this problem. Anyone solved this? I also have the FW410 control panel open along with audio midi setup displayed and the FW410 confirms my switching back and forth between sample rates to re-initialize/reconnect output. hmmm... there's got to be a better way and I would like to hear if others are experiencing this sympton.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 7 oct. 2008, 17:19
Message #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

QUOTE (paulallender @ Mon 10 Mar 2008, 18:06) *
For some reason theres nothing happening on the box! Im running OSX 10.5.1 on an Intel based mac.
Mhmm 10.5.1…

I think you should on a different hard drive install a debugged version of Leopard (like 10.5.4 or 10.5.5, after updating the system with the combo update available at the Apple website, repair disk and permissions) and try the interface there.

You may clone your system using CCC for example on the drive, update it and see… (note, it's long to make a clone, the install from scratch may be way faster) (note that a clone need space…)

Also, is there a non beta driver?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 29 mars 2024, 16:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008