MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need to connect tape player to G3
jbaugh
posté mar. 21 mai 2002, 17:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 mai 02
Lieu : Ogden
Membre no 4,771

I think this is a simple problem. In fact I solved it once before. Unfortunately I can't remember how I did it. I want to connect a simple cassette tape player to my beige G3 to copy some cassette tapes to CD.
The only sound input I have on the G3 is the microphone input. The cassette player does not have RCA connectors, so I will record through the headphone jack. I'm only recording spoken voice and no music so the quality should be acceptable.
The problem is that I can't find a cable that has the industry non-standard male end to go into the Mac's microphone input. It is a longer connector with wider spacing between the two stereo connectors compared to the standard ones. Does anyone know where such a beast could be located? I thought I could find an adaptor that would convert the end for me. But Radio Shack says they have never seen the kind of male end that the Mac microphone port uses. Of course all my Mac specific microphones have the proper male ends built in to them. Any ideas?
Thanks.
John
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 21 mai 2002, 19:48
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Now that it's in the right place…

Of course the plug is non standard, Apple is feeding some electricity into it. I can't remember the workaround but a simple search on the NET or in the Apple knowledge base would be most useful wink.gif

Just give us the solution!

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
jbaugh
posté mar. 21 mai 2002, 23:00
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 mai 02
Lieu : Ogden
Membre no 4,771

lepetitmartien,

OK. I'll give you the solution. But first a question. How is it intuitive that a hardware question should belong under 'Music with Macintosh on MacOS 9'? My question was a Macintosh hardware question that had nothing to do with the operating system. And your intuition has failed you. I'm not running OS 9. I'm actually in OS X. So I guess you need to move this message one more time for accuracy sake, at least according to your obscure and somewhat arbitrary scheme for determining proper forum for posts.

Now the solution:
It's quite simple. The Mac microphone input will accept both the special Mac adaptor and the standard stereo adaptor. I just tried it and it works fine. No need for special cables or adaptors. I hope this helps some hapless soul like myself.
Cordially,
John

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 21 mai 2002, 23:30
Message #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

How could I found out you were on X? wink.gif
Anyway, the forums are bound to mix in the future, so… And there's a lot mor people under 9 that could (they didn't) have helped you smile.gif

Else the MacOS9/X forums cover everything that is mac related not only the software…

The hardware forum covers strictly studio stuff.

And the AppleMic plug is definitely a Mac question wink.gif

To return on the mic pb, I vaguely remember that some did some soldering to adapt… but…

It works… what do you want to add smile.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 18:38
- © MacMusic 1997-2008