MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opening Song From Itunes In Exs24, can't figure out how to convert file
miaba
posté mer. 4 janv. 2006, 21:07
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 oct. 05
Lieu : Toledo - US
Membre no 71,372

Hi all, it's been some time but a new question has come up. Can anyone tell me how to open a song from itunes in the exs24 sampler? Apparently it needs to be converted into an audio file that can be recognized by the sampler's zone window but i can't seem to figre it out. I hope this is obvious to the more experienced. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deaconblue
posté jeu. 5 janv. 2006, 09:09
Message #2

Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

miaba,

I haven't used that sampler before, but the specs for it show that the EXS24 uses WAV, AIFF and SDII format data in 8 to 24 bit depths. Your songs in iTunes are going to be either MP3 or AAC. You can covert them to AIFF or WAV using iTunes.

Go into your iTunes preferences and click on "Advanced" in the toolbar then on Importing within the advanced options window (in iTunes 6, prior to that, it should be under "Importing" as a tool bar item). From there, make sure that the "Import Using:" pulldown is set to either AIFF or WAV.

Make sure you set your quality as described above. Click on OK. Then, select the song you want to convert in the appropriate iTunes playlist. Now, in the Advanced Menu you should see "Convert selection to ..." and the format you have chosed (i.e., "Convert selecction to AIFF).

You will have two files in your playlist with the same song name and information. You can determine which is the newly converted file by either getting info on the song or sorting the list by the date added. The newer one is the converted file.

Once it is converted to either AIFF or WAV, you should be able to use the song in the EXS24.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Lowell

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
miaba
posté jeu. 5 janv. 2006, 21:01
Message #3

Rookie

Inscrit : 17 oct. 05
Lieu : Toledo - US
Membre no 71,372

deaconblue, great info. i thank you in advance and i will be trying this tonight. Sounds like it's right on the money to me. as you said, "Cheers"!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 18 oct. 2024, 19:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008