MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Play/hear My Keyboard Thru My Mac In Osx
webslave
posté jeu. 18 sept. 2003, 04:45
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 sept. 03
Lieu : Carlsbad - US
Membre no 24,933

I jave an Alesis QS8.1 hooked up to my iMac thru a Midisport 2X2. The Midisport shows up in my Audio MIDI setup window and I have the cables going in and out of the icon for My QS8.1 to the icon for the Midisport. So far so good. Now I want to be able to play directly into my iMac using the sound banks in my keyboard so that I can make an audio recording using audiohijack software. How can I do this/ Can I di this?

Frustrated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté jeu. 18 sept. 2003, 13:45
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

sorry to inform you.... its not gonna happen just that easy. You are running midi only it sounds like and you cannot use sound banks in the Alesis to play audio into your mac using midi without an audio interface of some type. Audiohijack is not going to be your best choice of software to use either. Do some searching on this site for audio interface or just llo at past question in "just getting started" thread and you find most of the answers you need cool.gif w

remember... midi is not audio... its just data or code that is sent in between devices to allow controlling and note manipulation... its carries no sound. The only way your gonna hear anything on your Mac from your Alesis is to run a virtual instrument such as soft sampler or synth and usu midi to controll that or you can buy a USB or firewire audio interface and run the sound outputs from Alesis into that and into a suitable audio app.

Ce message a été modifié par Synthetic - jeu. 18 sept. 2003, 13:49.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 27 avril 2024, 18:40
- © MacMusic 1997-2008