MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sonnet Processor With Protools??
euadude
posté jeu. 2 févr. 2006, 16:49
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 31 janv. 06
Lieu : Plantation - US
Membre no 76,083

i am considering upgrading my processor for my g4 with a sonnet duet. i am running protools 6.4. does anyone have experience with this setup? i was told there might be some problems on the way if i install a 3rd party processor to run protools. any suggestions are appreciated. (also... where can i find such a sonnet 1.3 duet???? seems they are getting hard to find).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 3 févr. 2006, 02:39
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Is it this one? wink.gif

What's your G4?

On the compatibility, difficult to say, I don't remember a member with problems related to the CPU upgrade, though a few are running them alongside Pro Tools. Digidesign don't test them, it doesn't means they don't work, now I understand the necessity to be cautious.

Members in the French forum are raving about gigadesign cards (work like a charm). Now use the search here on "sonnet" there's a few things around already. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
euadude
posté ven. 3 févr. 2006, 02:58
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 31 janv. 06
Lieu : Plantation - US
Membre no 76,083

hi martien!

mine is an early powermac running dual 500's. i checked out the link you sent, but i didn't see anything there for a duet. i don't really want to spend $700 on a 1.8 duet upgrade, anyway the protools version i have won't support more than 10.3.4, and the 1.8 sonnet duet drives require at least 10.3.5 (i believe). that's the reason i am searching for an affordable 1 gig or 1.3 sonnet duet. before i give out that kind of change i would just buy another faster used computer.

thanks again!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 15 juin 2024, 18:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008