MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Clicks And Poping, Cubase mac book
luminati
posté lun. 9 avril 2007, 16:59
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 janv. 07
Lieu : Litchfield - US
Membre no 86,961

Can some one tell me how to stop
the clicking and popping sound while listen to my songs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
oaomdal
posté jeu. 26 avril 2007, 18:39
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 avril 07
Membre no 90,631

QUOTE (luminati @ Mon 9 Apr 2007, 17:59) *
Can some one tell me how to stop
the clicking and popping sound while listen to my songs.

Hi!

I do not have a mac, but on a PC the clicks and pops may come from four reasons.
1. The hard drive is too slow. put the files on a high RPM disk, maybe an external firewire disk.
2. Not enough RAM, the PC/MAC(?) is forced to use a swap file on the HD. The data on the HD is acessed slower than on the RAM, it's like HD: What did you do 23rd june last year? and RAM: What did you have for lunch today? Try to close a few programs. Running programs use ram, even if they are minimized.
3. Too slow CPU. On PC, close as many programs as you can, turn of all fancy visual effects, use a plain desktop color and disable drivers that you do not need. On a windows PC, just looking at it takes up a lot of CPU power (well not exactly, but it sure feels like it...) I am not sure how MAC's work, but for all electronic devices: -the less programs it has to focus on, the better it can perform.
4. The soundcard is configured incorrectly. Try to find somewhere to adjust the samplerate and the bit-per-sample value, and find values that work. The most common samplerate is 44,1kHz and BPS-rate 16bit.
You may also try to increase the audio-buffersize, but that will also increase the latency. If you can find a parameter called samplesize, and increase this too, but this will also increase the latency.
-Low values = bad sound, no clicks and pops
-High values = nice sound, may create clicks, pops and high latency.

I hope my hints was helpful to you and others.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 11 mai 2024, 06:58
- © MacMusic 1997-2008