MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-audio 2496 In A Legacy Mac, Odd Pulsing of VU Meter
billycar
posté lun. 28 nov. 2005, 21:36
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 28 nov. 05
Lieu : Lynchburg - US
Membre no 73,139

I have the M-Audio 2496 installed in a PowerPC 9500 w/ Sonnet G3/500 running Panther OS X 10.3.9. "Not-supported" by M-Audio folks ... also have A Sonnet FW/USB card to handle USB MIDI, and an ixmicro ultimateRez video card (seems to be working ok). I installed 10.3.9 using XPostFacto 4.

Couldn't use the latest M-Audio Delta Driver (2.0.1-2.0.4), but could get v 1.2.1 to install and reboot.

Seems to be working (sound-wise) but the Delta Control Panel's VU meters have a strange pulse to them. While the sound is being monitored, the VU meter (main window) measurements stop and resume in a cyclical manner.

Any suggestions? Not to worry?

Other software apps (such as Ableton Live 3.0.4) don't exhibit this behavior ... VU meters appear to be steady.

Also have an occasional system freeze when opening iTunes, Audio MIDI Setup, and the M-Audio Delta Control Panel.

Am i trying to use flaky software on a legacy Mac using an "unsupported Mac" and just getting what I deserve? Or is there someone with similar experience that has found a way to use the later drivers successfully?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 12 mai 2024, 12:58
- © MacMusic 1997-2008