MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Protools Vs Logic
abelsna
posté mar. 22 mai 2007, 13:57
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 19 mai 07
Lieu : Copenhagen - DK
Membre no 91,308

I´m afraid i cant escape the digital age anymore, so therefore i´m in the market for either protools or logic (or a third option?). I have recorded on a tascam MS-16 but more often than not the bands just want it on the harddrive, for them to take home. Therefore i have to invest in a PC and a suitable program. The question is; how much RAM and how powerful does the PC have to be and what software should i pick? My hot shot producer friend shout protools but a lot of my not-so-well-paid colleagues says logic. I have tried protools and it is very easy(!) but how is the perfomance?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
enrimusic
posté mer. 21 déc. 2011, 19:11
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 déc. 11
Lieu : IT
Membre no 119,525

Pro Tools and Logic Pro are both excellent daws,

Pro Tools: is born for audio editing, you should use it for managing multiple audio files or for audio/video syncing.
is mac/pc, the important hardware think is hardrive speed! So, you need more hardisks (usually one for the OS and one for boucing) and they must be faster! (since protools write everything into hdd)

Logic Pro, is pure creativity! (with limited audio editing), is mac only, and it wants lots of ram! if you search a daw that lets you compose easily and faster Logic is yours.

I use both biggrin.gif

hope that helps!
cheers

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- abelsna   Protools Vs Logic   mar. 22 mai 2007, 13:57
- - gdoubleyou   well Logic is Mac only!!!   ven. 13 juil. 2007, 18:39
- - mm_promix   QUOTE (abelsna @ Tue 22 May 2007, 09:57) ...   ven. 13 juil. 2007, 20:54
- - hahaworld   Yes, Logic is a bit more complicated, but like any...   sam. 14 juil. 2007, 14:06
- - proaudioplugins   I don't know but the question is up again with...   mer. 5 janv. 2011, 16:40

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Bienvenue invité
Contribute
Version bas débit - dimanche 28 avril 2024, 13:01
- © PcMusic 1997-2007