MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EN- READ THIS, if you woud like to help MacMusic!, English speaking welcome ;-)
Francois Déchery
posté jeu. 5 juil. 2001, 00:03
Message #1

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

Welcome to our english speaking users!

At this time there's only one mixed-language contribute forum.
Let's say that we would always start our new topics with the 'EN-' prefix in the subject.
If needed, i will devinitively open a second forum (one for each language)

Now what?

As i wrote (sorry in french) in a previous post in this forum, i'm currently porting the whole site to a faster database system (PHP+mySQL), which should really improve the user's experience, adding new services, and more dynamic content. This sould also dramlicaly improve the speed of certain section of the site, as the link /classifieds search engine , or worst, the forum search! smile.gif
On the other end it should also really helps the webmaster to easely update en maintain a quality content in the site: That's pretty not easy at this time, being about the only guys really making the 'backend of macmusic.This is really a hughe job to serve the +/- 800  pages (not including the forums..) of the macmusic site. Im' not speaking of tons of emails to answer, filling contents, etc....

Any Help, in anyway is always REALLY welcome!!!!

Little things help!

Who ever you are, you could certainly add a part of your mind, or simplier, some of your time to help building this site, the way you like!

Any help in the following topic really help:

post your user experince: say what you like, what you hate, how you think things should be done....about any part of the site. You could also beta-test new sections, having an exclusive acces to

Correct the english of any page of the site: build better sentences, in a better english (i now that the english of the site is like some shit) Help the webmaster: he is french(!), and he'd like to better communicate with the english people travelling the site.

Make graphics: icons, banners, buttons, logos, typos, suggest color, themes, appareance or whaterver in the graphic/style sphere.

Help to fill content: write articles, review, edit the links, translate pages, etc....

Help us to make a part of a large recursive work , not really funny, but really easy to do like helping to fill, and correct the new link database, sorting links, editing names, adding some information, checking the links....

if you're involved in programmer things, we would also appreciate any: PHP authors, Expertise in SQL database, Perl authors, designer, Flash animation makers, some small java programming/checking........

This list doesnt exclude any other topic you may want  to contribute to: Just post any idea you had here,in a new topic, and please auto moderate your self to keep this forum well sorted, not adding extra work for the webmaster ;-)

I will post more informations later.

Thans for your kind help,

Best regards,

PS: a simple thing for helping , could be to correct the english of this post (sorry for my english) to be more attractive to the next english people reading it. Just post it using 'reply'. This kind of help is always really appreciated.Thanks.

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
posté ven. 31 août 2001, 00:15
Message #2

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

Hi

Are you still looking for help? Im based in London, UK and have some free time on my hands at the mo, and this seems like a really good project to be invloved in.

My web skills are ok but allthough ive project managed websites im not that hot at programming, thats not my skill base. But anything else u need a hand with just shout and ill see if I can help. If you want me to make a few adjustments to your post for this section i can do that for starters.

FYI, I come from a sound and music background. Worked as a mastering engineer, location and post pro sound. Been playing keybaords for what seems like a lifetime, thats cause it is :-). Ive produced/enginered and having used a PC for music just recently moved over to a mac (Ibook).

Well Im willing to get my hands dirty!! Let me know if you still need a hand.

All the best

Rob aka Electroboy

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
posté sam. 1 sept. 2001, 13:07
Message #3

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

Hi rob
Thanks for your offer!

YES we definitavely need help to make this site exists.
Any help would be welcome:
It's depend on your time, the things you can do, and the thing you want  to do wink.gif
I've open your access to the macmusic team forums where you can find some way to offer your help.
Don't hesitate to post a topic in it to tell us more about the things that you can/want to do to help us (we want you to be happy to help, and that this work wouldn't become too hard....)

you will aslo find some way to offer your help here:
http://www.macmusic.org/eng/about/ab_contrib.shtml

My english is so bad, but i hope u even understood what i mean. wink.gif

anyway thanks for your help!

welcome in the team rob!
smile.gif

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
posté sam. 1 sept. 2001, 15:31
Message #4

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

Hi Soif

Great!! :-)

BTW, you're Engish is not that bad and its certainly better than my French!!.

All the best

Rob

+Quote Post
_Guest_
posté lun. 11 sept. 2006, 05:21
Message #5

Visitors

Hi
Hi
Hello
Hi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 19 mars 2024, 11:57
- © 440 Forums 2011