MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Audio Card ? Dual G4, Osx, Tascam Tm-d1000
rafisaar
posté lun. 22 déc. 2003, 08:40
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 déc. 03
Lieu : Modiin - IL
Membre no 30,131

QUOTE (Fusion Head @ Sep 28 2003, 03:38)
I started by using Emagic's EMI 6|2 interface (came with the package deal I bought) But it was VERY limited, and questionable audio quality.

Fusion Head wrote this quote.

What is meant by "VERY limited".
Is it just an issue of number of inputs/outputs or is there more behind this claim?
This issue is very crucial to me as I don't need that many inputs and I'm seriously looking at the EMI 6|2m.

Also, what does it mean "questionable audio quality"? What exactly is wrong or bad with the 6|2's audio quality?

Thanks!
Rafi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
m0no
posté lun. 22 déc. 2003, 12:43
Message #12

Inscrit : 27 sept. 03
Lieu : The Hague - NL
Membre no 25,552

about getting the warm sound on a motu. Just run it through a voice strip or something like that. I treat all my vocals and i must say they sound a lot warmer than my o3d. wich i sold recently. must say my studio is no without mixer... And it rocks.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fusion Head
posté lun. 22 déc. 2003, 20:33
Message #13

Inscrit : 28 sept. 03
Lieu : Victoria - CA
Membre no 25,600

In response to rafisaar's question about why I thought the EMI 6|2 interface was "limited"... two reasons:

First, yes, it did not have as many inputs as I needed (it has 6 line ins... I wanted at least 8 line ins, and ideally a couple of mic pre's). Note also that the interface only has one MIDI IN and OUT, and those ports replace the digital in/out (i.e. can't use both at the same time), if this might be an issue for you.

Second, in regard to sound quality... I had not used the EMI interface for that long but during that time I did not notice any major problems with the EMI as far as really "bad" sound quality. But a sales guy at Emagic actually recommended I upgrade to something better (I must say I was a bit shocked, but also impressed, when I heard him talk about their own product this way!) I think his point was that the EMI interfaces are a good value and okay for a "starter", but if you are serious about sound quality you are going to want something with better quality A/D converters.

For these two reasons I got the MOTU. But the EMI might be just fine for you, especially if you get it as part of a package like I did with the Emagic Production Kit, etc.

+Quote Post
rafisaar
posté mar. 23 déc. 2003, 08:21
Message #14

Inscrit : 02 déc. 03
Lieu : Modiin - IL
Membre no 30,131

Fusion Head,
thanks a lot!

This clarifies it well and enforces my decision to go for the Gold Production Kit (I'm using a mixer for the mic and other inputs, so the 6 INs should be enough for me).
As for MIDI, seems like I'll have to get another box anyway, like the MT4.

If I need better audio, I can always add a better card in the future.

Thanks again,
Rafi

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 10:18
- © 440 Forums 2011