MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Groovebox/sampler Vs Mac, Help with choice of groovebox or sampler
elhean
posté jeu. 22 déc. 2005, 19:59
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 déc. 05
Lieu : Novi Sad - CI
Membre no 74,279

Is there anyone here who is using some sort of hardware groove box or sampler/sequencer with Mac, for live acts and music production?

Few models I have digged out spice up my imagination.. For example, little older but still good Yamaha SU700, but if combined with SCSI hard drive and additional RAM...

Then, Korg ElecTribe EMX 1, with even two tubes for vintage sound... New thing, sounds like it is easily combined with computer...

Boss or Roland SP 606, but with NO SUPPORT for Mac... s--t... Even SP 404 sound OK for starting point...

Any expiriences? Any owner advices? What should i look for when choosing stuff?

I'm little low on budget so up to 800 euros is TOP!

And I making some kind of ambient/deep/pop/chill/rock... He he... One more CyberGenre...

I'm using PowerBook g4 15" 1.67 with 1,5 gigs of ram, feeding it up with Ableton Live, Reason, Absynth etc...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Teraz Ja
posté lun. 30 juil. 2007, 20:27
Message #2

Inscrit : 30 juil. 07
Membre no 93,419

QUOTE (Revolution @ Sat 22 Apr 2006, 00:35) *
I found the Groovebox sequencer very easy to use. I am trying to figure out the sequencers in Reason and I am having quite a tough time. I can't stand tech crap...I just wanna write! Is there a good tutorial book to read for Reason that will explain the very basics to me? Thanks!!

Then maybe you should try to program using the matrix sequencer for synth, and the drummachine's sequencer for drums rather thant the main-crap. But this doesn't work, or works very poor for strings, and loops.

+Quote Post
Bobby Bell
posté mar. 31 juil. 2007, 12:10
Message #3

Inscrit : 16 août 05
Lieu : New York - US
Membre no 68,828

QUOTE (crosfire @ Mon 30 Jul 2007, 19:27) *
QUOTE (Revolution @ Sat 22 Apr 2006, 00:35) *

I found the Groovebox sequencer very easy to use. I am trying to figure out the sequencers in Reason and I am having quite a tough time. I can't stand tech crap...I just wanna write! Is there a good tutorial book to read for Reason that will explain the very basics to me? Thanks!!

Then maybe you should try to program using the matrix sequencer for synth, and the drummachine's sequencer for drums rather thant the main-crap. But this doesn't work, or works very poor for strings, and loops.

There are two incredible resources for learning Reason. www.macprovideo.com has Reason 101 and 103 for visual and audio learning, and there is a great manual, not too deep, with tons of pictures to demonstrate exactly what you need to know. It's called 'Reason 3 Ignite!' by Eric D. Grebler and Chris Hawkins ISBN#1-59200-666-3 for $22. Publisher isThomson Course Technology.

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 06:33
- © 440 Forums 2011