MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Voices, And The Things We Do With Them...
Ionized
posté mer. 7 sept. 2005, 03:22
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 sept. 05
Lieu : Jönköping - SE
Membre no 69,676

With the strong vocal presence probably err, present here on macmusic, there ought to be a fair number of vocalists, singers and similar creatures who skulk around these forums. What say you, are there any actually useful techniques, methods and tips for improving your vocal performance you'd like to share?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
drjuju
posté ven. 28 avril 2006, 05:51
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 févr. 06
Lieu : Mount Vernon - US
Membre no 77,062

very good advice. As a singer for almost 50 years, I've found that nothing works for the throat as well as good old water. More, however, control of breathing and the ability to keep lungs up and full is essential. If the lungs stay large, open, and full, the voice is the result of the tones released and the modulations we place upon them. Volume is fine, but what's often called "projection" is finer. While there are those who disagree, I think "projection" is more accurately an ability to sense a room's acoustics and use them as a medium in which to float the voice. It's not as wierd as it sounds, but it's always worked for me. Also remember, alcohol dries the throat.

Sing with as many voices as you can manufacture just to see where it takes you. There are a LOT of surprises in store for the singer. And remember, like the old song says:"Don't call up nothin you can't send back."

Cheers.
drjuju
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 20 mai 2024, 12:45
- © 440 Forums 2011