MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is This Hardware Set-up A Good Choice For Logic 6?
Drainland
posté mer. 2 avril 2003, 12:26
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 mars 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 14,405

Hallo everyone,

After much deliberation over which software to go for I've decided to opt for Logic Plat 6 (with much thanks to everyone here!).

I am intending on running this on an iMac G4 800Mhz with 512MB ram. For the interface I intend to use a Motu 828 and for Midi the Emagic MT4. Later on when I can afford to, I will purchase a seperate hard drive.

I just wanted to know from you guys if you thought the above hardware was appropriate. I was toying with the idea of going for a tower system and forgetting the Motu 828 but the advice seems to be, that if you can afford it, to go for the Motu even on a tower system. So taking this into account the iMac is a cheaper option.

I just wanted to get your thoughts before I took the final plunge.

I'm in the UK (but don't know if that will make a difference to your answers as I guess the hardware's the same all over and probably costs the same!).

Many thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté jeu. 3 avril 2003, 00:13
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

cool.gif
It should work fine.

For more info & the Logic community go here.
http://community.sonikmatter.com/cgi-bin/e.../ultimatebb.cgi
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/logic-users

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
midimantra
posté jeu. 3 avril 2003, 04:59
Message #3

Inscrit : 20 mars 03
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 14,699

Hi

I bought an older G400-AGP with 512ram, it has 10gig internal drive which I added an 80gig matrox. I run OS9.2.2 with Logic Gold 5.5, EX24, Absynth -Midi Sport 1x1 - The MotU828 through some lovely active EMES Pinks.

You could get a G4 over there in Brit for way under 800 pounds, just a thought but hey a nice LCD with the imac would be tops!

Any Q's here's my email:
xcelmusic@bigpond.com

Paul
midimantra biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Drainland
posté ven. 11 avril 2003, 11:14
Message #4

Inscrit : 15 mars 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 14,405

thanks gdoubleyou and midimantra.

I don't know what I'd do without people like you guys and these forums. You people are a massive help to someone like me who's new to the computer world of recording.

When I've (fingers crossed!) learnt a thing or two in the future I hope I'll be able to give some advice back here!

Can't wait to get all this sorted and back into making music. It's a beautiful thing.

Cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 13 oct. 2024, 16:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008