MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Smpte In Protools Le, Putting a real time code line in LE
Jack McCann
posté ven. 4 mars 2005, 11:24
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mars 05
Lieu : Havelock QC - CA
Membre no 61,539

I'm sure I'm not the first to raise this, but I couldn't find it among the posts.
Does anyone have experience with add-on apps that permit a real SMPTE time line in PT LE. I score to picture using Logic and either mix (or deliver for mixing) my tracks as a ProTools session. Synching to picture in Logic is a snap, but LE is a different matter.
Please advise.

Thanks,

Jack McCann
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
td3k
posté ven. 4 mars 2005, 21:13
Message #2

Inscrit : 18 avril 03
Lieu : Tampa - US
Membre no 16,354

I hate to be the one to say 'RTFM' but... They say it much better that I could in this forum.
Refer to 'Chapter 35: Working with Syncronization' in the ProTools Reference Guide.
It's all in there. Ch 36 'Working With Quicktime movies' may also be helpfull to you.

Good luck,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jack McCann
posté ven. 4 mars 2005, 22:23
Message #3

Membre no 61,539

Hi td3k,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I make it a practice to RTFM for every gadget I use. I have quite a library of them in fact, all thumbed, dog-eared and coffee-stained. As a R of FM's you will no doubt be aware that the manual for the 001 system I have been working with doesn't in fact have 35 chapters, but only 25. Chapter 23 deals with sync. What it does not address however, is the answer to my original question, which was:
Does anyone have any experience with add-on apps which permit the addition of a real time SMPTE timeline in ProTools LE?

I know you can sync LE to picture, but it's the SMPTE or MIDI Time Code Time Line I'm looking for. I'm hoping there is some app out there that can read time code, convert it into MIDI time code and, like Logic, provide me with a hh:mm:ss:ff (and NOT decimal fractions of a second) the same as in TDM or HD systems.

Anyway, Thanks for offering the advice. There's never any harm in rereading FMs, and your word to the wise will suffice.
Now, folks, any apps to recommend?
Cheers,

Jack McCann

+Quote Post
ullanta
posté sam. 5 mars 2005, 06:03
Message #4

Inscrit : 16 mai 03
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 18,038

At the risk of irking you some more, I'll point out what may be the obvious - what I think you're looking for is Digidesign's DV Toolkit. It gives LE many of the timecode functions of HD.

-Barry

+Quote Post
Mark Tucker
posté sam. 5 mars 2005, 11:00
Message #5

Inscrit : 15 févr. 05
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 60,558

Hi

There only help i can offer, and this is what I am led to believe, to get Pro-Tools LE to work successfully with smpte you need to purchase Digidesign DigiTranslator® 2.0. Even though this is software to primarily import and export OMF files, it is the only way to switch the smpte view on in LE. However this is about £350.00 new, which makes this a very expensive piece of software to switch on a bit of smpte!!!!

This is the only way I know of doing it. Hope it helps.

MT.

+Quote Post
Jack McCann
posté dim. 6 mars 2005, 07:20
Message #6

Membre no 61,539

Thanks td3k, Barry and Mark for your pointers about time code time lines in LE. I agree, 350 quid is steep. I'll keep looking. I've heard there is at least one third party app out there somewhere, but no-one I know seems to remember what it is called.
Much obliged.

CC

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté dim. 6 mars 2005, 11:58
Message #7

SuperHero

Inscrit : 04 nov. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,244

Digitranslator won't provide SMPTE. Only DVToolKit (which contains Digitranslator) will. As far as third party apps are concerned, no it doesn't exist. There used to be a "trick" in PT5 which consisted in opening a TDM session in LE environnement. In that case, the Sub display would switch to TC as long as you wouldn't touch it (a switch to any other display, sec/Bar/sample, would make it disappear). But this unexpected nice "bug" no longer exists in PT6.
So it seems we're all stuck with the $$$$DV Tool Kit option. Thanks to Digi...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 15:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008