MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Would You Recommend? (setup), trying to figure out how to set it up...
oddpattern
posté ven. 26 sept. 2003, 03:53
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 sept. 03
Lieu : Torrance - US
Membre no 25,476

Hmm where to start..
Ok here's what I've got
Digi 002
G4
Studiophile Monitors (xlr and trs inputs)
an older pc (let's assume it works fine) with 256mb ram, blurry monitor and crappy sound card (it's a compaq presario mv500)- needs upgrades but good for fruity loops, cool edit a reason.
yamaha aw16g (2 mic ins, 6 line ins, L and R stereo/aux out, L and R Monitor out and Phones
out.
a fairly decent set of headphones.
shure sm58 mic

Now here's my issue, and I'm sure it's less complicated than I'm making it out to be lol but...
I'd like Pro Tools to be my primary setup, how can I still use the aw16g and the pc with this setup, without having to go behind everything and switch a bunch of cables around? do i still need the aw16g? i don't really like the mic ins, the sound isn't that great but maybe for getting sound from the pc? is there a way i can use the monitors for both boards, the 002 and the aw16g- do they make trs to xlr cables? Is there anyone out there with a similar setup?
TIA,
ODD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté ven. 26 sept. 2003, 15:55
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

I would say only good thing to keep that aw16g around for is to monitor a live recording. If you don't like the preamps... don't use it. Just send audio from th e PC to your Digi002 for input... if you don't like messing with plugging and unplugging cables... you might want to sonsider investing in a patchbay and rack mounting it. I have several external processors I use so I have a patchbay in my rack that lets me just plugs things through the front as I need them. Very handy. wink.gif

oh... you can get XLR and trs cables from most any music shop locally or online wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 15:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008