MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Tascam Fw-1884 (all In One Unit), anyone seen this yet?
posté lun. 22 déc. 2003, 11:08
Message #11

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

unsure.gif Hello Everyone, I own a FW-1884 and use it with cubase SX. But very little things seem to work. For instance, Does anyone know how I can get the equalising section working? And the Aux section?
Thank you for your reply

chester
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
theseer
posté lun. 22 déc. 2003, 17:42
Message #12

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 nov. 03
Lieu : Buena Park - US
Membre no 28,278

I was told that Cubase SX would have full button function with FW-1884. THis is not what you want to hear but "Very Little Function" is why I recently switched to Digital Performer 4.1. Put simply its a midi driver issue and in my opinion it rests with Steinberg -- also my shared opinion is that you will not see any support from Steinberg on this issue.

As I've said before these companies just don't get it. As much as we DO love their programs, and I will admit I think Cubase is great, but not having service or real support is a BIG negative. Their manuals are not easy to read or use as trouble shooting guides.

Like you I have tried to Map and Remap the Aux and other buttons but to no avail with Cubase. I do have alot more functionality with DP4 but sadly not all the buttons can be programed.

Bottom line -- this is a waiting game for us -- Oh Yes so I fairly pass the criticism around Tascam owns some of those firey darts as well. I don't know how accurate this is but I heard on another forum that Tascam was going to leave the driver development to the software interface companies, bad idea in my opinion. Companies should not put out hardware that is partially functional, especially the over $1000 hardware.

Sorry guy, didn't mean to put a damper on your Christmas. But you asked.

+Quote Post
posté mar. 23 déc. 2003, 11:20
Message #13

Groupe :
Membre no 0

Tascam wrote me this message concerning the cubase problems:

Dear Mr. van Lenthe,

the Implamatation of Hardware Controllers for Cuabse is fully in the hands of Steinberg, due to the structure of the Software.
As far as we are informed they are working on the Native Support of the FW-1884, but a release date can only be issued by them.

Best Regards

Dirk Born
Product Manager
TASCAM Division
TEAC Deutschland GmbH

huh.gif

no let's all write e-mail to steinberg!

+Quote Post
posté mar. 30 déc. 2003, 21:57
Message #14

Groupe :
Membre no 0

biggrin.gif hello musicians outthere,

according to steinberg the FW-1884 can be used in combination with cubase.
They say that using the Generic Remote should be easy to configure and make the FW-1884 working well.
is there anyone who did try this?
please let me know

kind regards

wim van lenthe
the netherlands

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 29 mars 2024, 08:34
- © 440 Forums 2011