MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Firewire Solo Or Fast Track Usb Or What?
mazza_lives
posté lun. 19 déc. 2005, 05:38
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 19 déc. 05
Lieu : Perth - AU
Membre no 74,106

I'm an amateur musician and want to lay some tracks down in Garageband and maybe Logic Express later. I want to plug my guitar in, maybe vocals later. I have been looking at Firewire Solo and Fast Track USB for this purpose and want to know whether it would work fine on my system. There have been many posts sayng incompatibility with systems.

I have a G5 iMac, 1.8ghz, Tiger 10.4, 768 RAM and want hassle free way of getting guitars onto my Garageband. What are the advantages of having a Firewire over Fast Track USB?

And please don recommend Firebox or similar, I have a small budget. I was considering Tascam US-122 but there are way too many posts talking about problems with these.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UP Multimedia
posté lun. 19 déc. 2005, 08:34
Message #2

Rookie

Inscrit : 14 sept. 05
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 69,997

If you only have a small budget just wait a little longer to make your purchase... Otherwise you will end up buying gear twice... A couple of weeks more won't hurt... it will help...

+Quote Post
jimbeaux
posté lun. 19 déc. 2005, 19:50
Message #3

Inscrit : 19 déc. 05
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 74,141

I have a similar spec and query as the original poster. Care to expand on your reply?

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
posté lun. 19 déc. 2005, 21:03
Message #4

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

And please don recommend Firebox or similar, I have a small budget. I was considering Tascam US-122 but there are way too many posts talking about problems with these.

Umm, that's probably why people recommend Firebox or similar. If you want quality and reliability, you have to pay a little more. If you're really strapped for cash, maybe try the Inspire 1394 from PreSonus (makers of the Firebox). It's also Firewire, but is controlled entirely via software, hence the lower price.

Firewire is better than USB (any speed) for audio. Simple as that.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté mar. 20 déc. 2005, 20:33
Message #5

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Check out the Mackie Spike - pretty "meat & potatos" & I've never heard a single complaint about it. Pro Tools M-box or one of M audios cheaper ones ( ie, Studiophile) can be set up for Pro Tools later.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 27 avril 2024, 18:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008