MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> patches that sound good, sounds
mrviolin
posté sam. 22 sept. 2001, 16:46
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 sept. 01
Lieu : Burlingame
Membre no 1,836

I've got a g4 and DP and a nice new roland VX3080 module which I thought would do the job because you can add expansion cards.
BUT!!! - I still don't think the sounds are good, It's clear that Roland could do a better job with their tones but go for quantity rather than quality.
i have their best cards and I still don't have a good flute or oboe or horn or clarinet.
I looked into getting patches(or tones, sounds) off the web like with Gigasampler but it's not for the MAC. Does anybody know how I can use 3rd party sounds (patches or tones) with DP or pro tools. I have both.

--------------------
mrviolin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mar. 25 sept. 2001, 20:17
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

If you are looking for samples... you could try http://www.samplenet.co.uk/ and search for the type of sounds you are looking for. They are all free samples and have a nice selection. You can download them but they will either come as .mp3 or .wav form and you will just have to convert to .aiff unless DP accepts wav or mp3 files.

Other than that, you could purchase a CD filled with orchestral instruments and use them as needed. I know that Jordan R. from Dream Theater does that but he uses a nice sampling keyboard. It just depends on how you plan to use the sounds.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 9 mai 2024, 18:09
- © 440 Forums 2011