MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-audio Firewire Solo W/ Logic 7
coverthis55
posté mer. 16 mars 2005, 22:12
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 févr. 05
Lieu : Santa Cruz - US
Membre no 60,103

Hello there,
I just hooked up the M-Audio Firewire Solo with my G5 iMac to use with Logic 7 but the program doesn't seem to be receiving any signal. The interface clearly receives signal because it indicates when sound has been clipped but the program does not read it. I have installed the driver and everything. Anyone have any pointers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 17 mars 2005, 03:25
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Have you repaired permissions using Apple drive utility then close the mac, then start it up?

Next, is the card correctly selected into the system preferences/audio and in apps/utilities/ audio midi set up?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
coverthis55
posté jeu. 17 mars 2005, 09:23
Message #3

Inscrit : 09 févr. 05
Lieu : Santa Cruz - US
Membre no 60,103

I do not understand what you mean by repairing permissions using the Apple drive utility. However, I tried you second suggestion and still no beans. Before I hooked up this interface, I borrowed a friend's MBox which worked right off the bat after I installed its driver. All I needed to do was select "Digidesign MBox" in the Audio Hardware and Driver settings within Logic and I would be good to go. I did not have to change anything in the computer's MIDI setup configurations or its overall audio in settings.

+Quote Post
SurfMagic
posté sam. 2 avril 2005, 03:31
Message #4

Inscrit : 02 avril 05
Lieu : L A - US
Membre no 63,374

Also bought Fire Wire Solo 3/26/05 & it won't work, after 1hour multiple install tries by Very computer literate friend Sasha,Mac expert, nothing- got notice "No Device Detected"
I have a Mac G4, 667Mhz,OS10.3.8,Garage Band2.0
I ALSO DOn't UNDERSTAND the REPLY OF "LePetitMartian"
Post in very plain english, graphic commands, such as "click on System Preferences> Martian> Little>audio interface, then enable"
What & where is "repaired permissions"

+Quote Post
editbrain
posté sam. 2 avril 2005, 05:30
Message #5

Inscrit : 05 déc. 03
Lieu : Memphis - US
Membre no 30,424

shouldn't sasha know.

peut-être le sasha sait

That is just plain horrilbe of me. sorry!

applications > utilities > Disk Utility > highlight the Macintosh HD (if you have renamed the hard drive it will be call "Macintosh HD") then you will be able to see the repair permissions button.

Ce message a été modifié par editbrain - sam. 2 avril 2005, 05:34.

+Quote Post
SurfMagic
posté sam. 2 avril 2005, 07:07
Message #6

Membre no 63,374

Thanks Ed.Brain Gracias El Sabio
Access to Sasha is limited, he's a young dad of 2 small kids-I've limited access to any help, & no response from the M-audio tech support, prompts writing here-this is the good thing about strangers trying to help each other
I'm an old guy trying to go digital and wow the computers & devices are greatly "nit picky" & sadly there is bad design out there, get this- the giant firm Avid owns M-Audio,&
M - Audio on its site says "permanent inoperable damage" of computer ports may result due to "hot plugging' Feb.05 post, re:Firewire Solo - the device we're typing on.
We followed the limited instructions that came with the device, but I am going to try to return it -
& Warn All Not to Buy it-
a preliminary check using a digital video camera shows ports inoperable, DESPITE following M-audio instructions.
- Que Lastima- crap hardware

+Quote Post
justd
posté dim. 3 avril 2005, 09:01
Message #7

Inscrit : 06 juin 04
Lieu : München - DE
Membre no 44,584

Hello Surfmagic, you are using a M-Audio Interface? And a Mac? I had also a lot of problems with my Interface from M-Audio, but I fixed it. First of all you need the newest driver, mostly the driver on the CD-Rom is a older one, especially if you are using the Panther-Software. Was this a little help for you?
deejay
SfX Music
Music for X-terrestrials[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] sad.gif

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté dim. 3 avril 2005, 12:09
Message #8

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

I usually try to stear folks away from M-Audio products... Too much of a hastle. Gotta do this,, gotta download that.. Plug and pray.
MOTU has always been rock solid.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté dim. 3 avril 2005, 18:14
Message #9

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but, always remember I'm not a native English speaker wink.gif and that's exactly the kind of directions I need to give about 20 times a week… It's basic OS X clean up. No you know wink.gif

Apple should be more enforcing/talkative on these permissions issues, it's the number one cause of little to major problems and it can easily cured/get out of the way if you know what to do as explained in a more clear fashion (sorry for my geek talk wink.gif by editbrain.

Now the problem of surfmagic…

One last thing you can try is to reset the ports:
(if it has not been done by your friend)

first try:
- unplug everything save mains, keyboard, mouse, sceen (unplug the pci cards too if you have some, save the graphic card of course)
- start up the mac
- once it's started up and running you can shut it down again.
- replug everything, try again with the camera.

second try:
- unplug everything this time and open the mac.
- touch the power unit to remove static electicity
- locate the lithium battery
- remove it carefully
- locate near the battery placement the rest button, it's a very small button.
- press it gently using non conductive material (like a plastic pen) for about 20 seconds
- replace the battery (check the orientation), replug everything, close the mac.
- restart. (it may need 2 tries, you've just been a bad boy)
- try with the camera.

If it doens't work, your ports may have been permanently damaged by the M-audio interface, only an Apple certified tech can tell you. If so, it's M-Audio problem!

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
SurfMagic
posté lun. 4 avril 2005, 07:41
Message #10

Membre no 63,374

Thnx2 all 4help---Do Not buy M-Audio Firewire Solo!!!!!!!!!
Just typed 15min post- server died(AOL),post lost, now try again
Went to Apple Store, the Grove area of Los Angeles-2pm Sun. All of you,& particularly Moderator Denis Le Martian*,
may know more than the "Genius Bar" employees
They said my firewire port inoperable- $700-$800 repair,
"Tier 3" repair, try to get M-Audio to pay,& M-Audio will blame me.
Apple folks had me buy a $54 Firewire Notebook Adapter, and showed me my G4 does detect it, but...- - - -
Is Mac engineering Architecture made so that data could be taken in by that Alternate route? The Help area"Genuis Bar" was so crowded and so much pressure on employees that no test was done, no try at taking in data using any device going in to the Adapter
if those Apple workers are called Genuis, then*Le Martian
( in Spanish "Martianito" or El Martianito) is "El Sabio" The Knowing One - for his good advice "1st try 2nd try"posting
thnx -will try to get Sasha or someone to help me attempt the advice, also will try to test adapter- but it seems all of U write that won't work- unless there is alternate route architecture/structure
Denis Moderator /Martianito-emailed U since all posts show"EMAIL" below them- And I 'm so computer weak, I can do little other than reply to post here- could not post WARNING in the NEWS area
In the US we sometimes have "RECALLS" of bad products-they are taken off shelves and shipped back to maker- M Audio knew about this, but the product is still for sale- I am contacting the giant Guitar Center store chain to state-STOP SELLING THIS device.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 28 mars 2024, 22:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008