MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would Be Delighted For Your Help..., have hardware to record. need software.
rockinthesuburbs
posté dim. 7 nov. 2004, 08:35
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 nov. 04
Lieu : Turlock - US
Membre no 54,560

to the point: i have a roland keyboard, a midi to usb cable, and a g4 powerbook with os x jaguar. how can i get the noise from the keyboard into the computer and then record it? i have a ditty that i recorded on my keyboard that i'd love to get recorded into my computer before someone accidentally turns off my keyboard and erases the whole thing.... help? anyone?

there's got to be some simple shareware or freeware software that will allow me to do this. i'm not some big recording junkie. i just want to remember my own music.

thank you a bizillion for helping out this poor dilapidated rookie smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arvidtp
posté dim. 7 nov. 2004, 21:14
Message #2

Inscrit : 21 févr. 03
Lieu : Providence - US
Membre no 12,850

To record MIDI notes into your computer (this is not sound, but instructions to play back using your keyboard) you need a MIDI sequencer to record that. Can't think of anything that records MIDI for free short of Pro Tools free / Logic Fun for OS 9, or a demo of something... - Garageband would do it.

To record it as pure audio and forget MIDI notes, run a cable from the analog audio out of you keyboard to the analog sound-in of your powerbook and download and record with Audio In:

http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-34826/

good luck

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
editbrain
posté lun. 8 nov. 2004, 06:07
Message #3

Inscrit : 05 déc. 03
Lieu : Memphis - US
Membre no 30,424

you can download audacity and record it in as described in the above post.

audacity is free.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 20 sept. 2024, 13:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008