MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Interfaces On Leopard ?
pat38
posté sam. 8 mars 2008, 19:34
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 mars 08
Lieu : FR
Membre no 99,352

Hi

I am about to buy a macbook pro tu use with GarageBand mainly

Which interfaces do you advise that are known to be fully compatible and operational on current Leopard (usb, firewire) ?

I will need RCA L/R inputs too

Merci !

Ce message a été modifié par pat38 - sam. 8 mars 2008, 19:35.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté dim. 9 mars 2008, 09:32
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

I JUST had to buy a Line 6 Gearbox Gold bundle (totally on sale at www.sweetwater.com) because I upgraded to Leopard and while all of my software is compatible, I assumed my Mackie Onyx 1220 was as well.....boy was I ever wrong. Good Luck! The TonePort doesn't have RCA inputs but it IS compatible.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
posté dim. 9 mars 2008, 10:40
Message #3

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

pat38 in addition to the long list of qualities of deaconblue I forgot to add, he speaks French too! Some are indeed blessed, but this guy just has too many.... Come on God, spead it around....

On a more serious note, finally, you are going to need a small Mixer. From the sounds of what you are planning and creating... Sounds like your brain is working over-time, the excitement that your ideas are about to become "Real" sounds...

If I am wrong I will be corrected but in addition to your Interface, I am pro RME. They, I actually have two Hammerfall DSP Multiface and a RME ADI-8 DS, which is used to integrate my Hardware. However, I recommend, soundonsound.com for the best advice on buying any piece of gear. This is the best advice I can offer. They know best. Also I know from reading many post in 440 that M-Audio caused a lot of problems for many. I have not seen any recent Posts about the M-Audio, perhaps they have lifted their game?

know you want to do it all on your MacBook, I once believed "With my PowerBook I will conquer the Earth" I think I saw a Video or something... anyway, you will need a few things to connect and hear... This is where I will possibly be corrected, but.... I would also suggest finding yourself a small MACKIE Mixer... I know they can connect your Tape Player via those RCA Plugs... you can find a small used MACKIE almost Free... I see RME's being sold in our Classified... and at good prices...

Hey!!!!! You are going to also need a good, Headphones... You will spend many, many, many, hours using them and your sounds will be going direct into your ear, so comfort and the best quality should be given. DO NOT BUY CHEAP HEADPHONES... consult soundonsound.com Save your money and in four or five months buy a "Kick Ass" EXPENSIVE pair of Monitors... Save your money, don't buy cheap Monitors not only will they sound bad, you will not like looking at them.. Save your money, beg your grandparents, pimp your girlfriend or boyfriend, but don't buy Cheap Gear... Getting/Finding a Good Deal Cheap, is allowed.

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
posté dim. 9 mars 2008, 17:42
Message #4

Inscrit : 06 févr. 07
Lieu : Berkeley - US
Membre no 88,124

I can recommend the MOTU interfaces. Both the 828mkII (audio) and MicroLite (midi) have been rock solid with various apps under Leopard.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
posté lun. 10 mars 2008, 09:45
Message #5

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

mortalengines..... I feel ya son... Damn.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté mar. 11 mars 2008, 06:40
Message #6

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Aw shucks, Mac Daddy....I appreciate the sympathy but really, I didn't check with Mackie's site for compatibility so it is my bad. I can limp along with the Gearbox for a couple of months until either Mackie or Leopard comes up with a fix (they both are working on it). I actually got the Gearbox Gold bundle (500 dollars worth of plug and interface) for like, 150 bucks.....the Silver bundle is only 69 dollars right now at Sweetwater.com and you know, the Gearbox sounds pretty good after all (a lot better than I thought it would at least) .

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 28 avril 2024, 09:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008