MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio Between Programs...?, without plugging lineout to input...
neither
posté ven. 15 août 2003, 11:39
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 août 03
Lieu : Melbourne - AU
Membre no 23,016

Hello, i'm new here. Nice site and good forum.

I'm sure this is an old old question, but here goes all the same...

Is there any way for one application to listen to the audio output from another under OS9 without having to plug a cord from your lineout to audio input? (this seems a little dangerous to me for some reason)

I'm running a Powerbook G4 866 15" and need to do this for live image/video manipulation in a VJ program such as Arkaos or Image/ine...

It would be great if i could generate my audio signal live in one app, and have the second app manipulate live visuals which react to the sounds.

Am i constricted by the limitations of the OS9 Sound Manager, or is there some software-based way around this? I seem to remember hearing that OSX has some internal audio bus... (still a little cautious about moving to X though)

Thanks for the time and any comments would be great. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
formatj
posté ven. 15 août 2003, 14:58
Message #2

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 09 juil. 02
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 5,658

What you need is for both your applications to support "Rewire" (which operates in both OS 9 and OS X)

ReWire is a technology for transferring audio data between software applications – in real time - the software equivalent of a multi-channel audio cable. But it doesn’t end there. ReWire is built on three cornerstones:

- Realtime audio streaming between applications.
- Sample accurate synchronization
- Common transport functionality (i.e. press play in one program and the other one starts at the same time)

I don't know much about Arkaos however on their website it states "engine integrable with any MIDI sequencer (OMS, ReWire, ...)"

So if you have a sequencer or audio program which supports rewire (such as Logic, Cubase, Live, Reason, Pro Tools etc..) and Arkaos really does support Rewire then you have a solution in both OS 9 and OS X.

+Quote Post
neither
posté dim. 17 août 2003, 07:13
Message #3

Membre no 23,016

Thanks formatj.

The main app i use (CellSynth) is Rewire-capable so i'll give it a shot. Knowing the little i do about Rewire, do i need a seperate, stand-alone Rewire program to use this, or just that both the programs i'm using support Rewire?

Ta again.

+Quote Post
formatj
posté dim. 17 août 2003, 09:32
Message #4

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 09 juil. 02
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 5,658

You shouldn't need any other program.

In your CellSynth folder you should see a "Rewire bits" folder with a Readme on how to set up Rewire.
Basically just copy "rewire" to your extension folder.

+Quote Post
neither
posté lun. 25 août 2003, 10:36
Message #5

Membre no 23,016

thanks again.
here goes...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 20:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008