MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moved My Soundcard And System Went Crazy?
thegrapeguy
posté sam. 17 juin 2006, 13:08
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 févr. 06
Lieu : Bridgeport - US
Membre no 77,070

I moved my ESI Julia PCI card to slot 4 in the Mac G5 which is the 133 MHZ slot. Previously it was in slot 3 which is the 100 MHZ slot. When I went to a Logic file and hit the play button (on a Mackie Control Universal) the display went crazy. New tracks created by themselves, the metronome started clicking erratically. I then called up a new Logic file and when I enabled a track to record I hit a note on my Korg Triton which is midied through a Motu Midi interface the track screens in Logic went CRAZY. The various windows in Logic started flashing rapidly and I couldn't even close the file. I went to "File Close" and that pull down menu was flashing in and out. The only thing I could do was hit "Control W" until all the windows went away and then quit the file.

Any ideas? Does the audio/midi cinfiguration have to be adjusted since I moved the PCI card to a different slot? And if so how do I do that? This is weird. Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fishboisfo
posté dim. 18 juin 2006, 16:59
Message #2

Inscrit : 10 juil. 05
Lieu : San Francisco - US
Membre no 67,641

Could someone Please help . . .

I have a midi evolution controller issues w/live 5, stylus RMX and MIDI in Live

Ok -- Anybody out there running RMX with an evolution U-33 controller ? The video for setting this up from spectrasonics is a little unclear. Since the update to 5.2, all lmy pre sets disappear. The saved settings load incorrectly. The MIDI learn application is not working properly, or I have it set up incorrectly. I'm setting it up the same way I had before the update, but now every assigned channel opperates every fader, knob etc. When I try to open saved pre-sets in the Stylus track, none of them work.
I can't assign directly into MIDI tracks via Live MIDI set program, because there is nothing to assign.
Please help . . . anybody ? . . .

Since digidesign bought Evolution, the support from digidesign is way, way substandard. (( And the sad thing is, digidesigns world headquarters is 5 minutes from my house ))

Spectrasonics basically say "Did you watch the video?" AGGGGHHH!!

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté dim. 18 juin 2006, 20:49
Message #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

After moving a PCI card, reset the NVRAM (see my thread upon my G5 troubles) and depending of your G5 reset the PMU/SMU (or motherboard reset).

If your G5 is like mine of the models before the ones listed, unplug everything save the mains, touch the metal part around the PCI card apertures spaces to the outside. Unplug the mains and open the G5, remove covers alu and plastic, you may have to remove the "RAM" fan(s), search on the motherboard a tiny button, near the middle and at the bottom. press it ONCE (not twice!!!) and keep it pressed about 20 seconds. Once done, move back everything back, close the computer. Start up.

It forces the mac to check all its ports as a new thing.

Resetting the PRAM can be a good idea too.

If you have a multimeter, test in place (important) the lithium battery (on the motherboard) if it read less than 3.2V, change it, normal is 3.6V

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
thegrapeguy
posté ven. 23 juin 2006, 15:41
Message #4

Rookie

Inscrit : 18 févr. 06
Lieu : Bridgeport - US
Membre no 77,070

Turned out to be a corruption in some Logic preferences. I believe this was because of a bad chip of RAM I had. It took weeks to figure out why I was having glitches and system wide freezeups. One day the Apple Hardware tests came up perfect and then another day the "quick test" showed a RAM error.

I had to delete a file called "logic" and a loose file named "apple.logic.plist" (something like that). As a result of that I lost my templates and settings. Then I had to reset the startup assistant in Logic. I think a handy shortcut, although I am a newbie to Logic, is to formulate a song (file) and name it "Marks template number one", then save it as a template but don't erase the file. Then if you lose your templates like I did, because of the corrupted preferences, the song file still is in your hard drive and you'll just have to save it as the template again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 26 avril 2024, 04:57
- © MacMusic 1997-2008