MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mini Disc To Mac, Transfering audio
red_wedge
posté lun. 19 juil. 2004, 07:48
Message #21

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 févr. 03
Lieu : Rovaniemi - FI
Membre no 12,880

The simple answer to this is "Sorry, no". Sony refuses to make a Mac compatible software, and their magicgate protection is seemingly impossible to crack, which is the problem for open source solutions such as XMD above, which incidentally, was trying to transfer stuff via USB, but they appear to have given up. Someone - pete bentley I thnk - did manage to create an control program so you could control the minidisc via a software panel on OS X, but that's all so far)

So, in short, no. MiniDiscs for Mac users are just minidiscs. So, if like me you spent a lot of money on a top model, most of its functions are useless.

You could try using Virtul PC to run the Sony PC software, but I seem to remember that that doesn't work either. I've not tried that though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dimora
posté lun. 19 juil. 2004, 15:27
Message #22

Rookie

Inscrit : 19 mai 03
Lieu : Lewisberry - US
Membre no 18,134

QUOTE (red_wedge @ Jul 19 2004, 06:48)
Someone - pete bentley I thnk - did manage to create an control program so you could control the minidisc via a software panel on OS X, but that's all so far)

You could try using Virtul PC to run the Sony PC software, but I seem to remember that that doesn't work either. I've not tried that though.

Yikes, now the Virtual PC not working is seriously lame.

Red_wedge: You don't happen to know a URL for Pete Bentley's OSX software do you?

silsurf: I believe your are correct. I know the small slot your talking about. I think the cable that goes with it ends in a USB connection but the Mac OS won't recognize it when you plug it into your computer (same problem with some digital cameras) so the only way you can get audio from your MD is from the headphone jack sad.gif

I had heard that the iMic gives poor results when trying to record for iPods or Minidisc's, let us know what your end results are!

+Quote Post
red_wedge
posté lun. 19 juil. 2004, 15:53
Message #23

Inscrit : 22 févr. 03
Lieu : Rovaniemi - FI
Membre no 12,880

XMD: http://www.sorted.org/~pete/Xmd/

Looks like it died in Dec 2002! But when I tried it around then it worked, in its limited way.

+Quote Post
webchannel5.com
posté mar. 20 juil. 2004, 11:15
Message #24

Inscrit : 19 mars 04
Lieu : Den Haag - NL
Membre no 38,898

came across same problem.. with minidisc portable... however, a few home deck models have digital outs.. record in the field then digital out to digital in from a home mini disc deck.
good luck

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 03:06
- © MacMusic 1997-2008