MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Automation/macros/applescript, How to make a boring job go faster
mormess
posté mer. 15 nov. 2006, 12:42
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 oct. 03
Lieu : Cardiff - UK
Membre no 26,231

Hello all

I hope you can help. We're working on a project which involves making personalised CDs for kids. We fitted all the names in the songs in Protools, then, because PT doesn't have offline bouncing, we consolidated the vocal tracks to WAV and bounced the backing tracks to WAV, then put the files on my Mac so I can bounce them offline to MP3 on Logic 6 (not pro). Sounds a bit Heath Robinson, but we're trying to make this as fast as poss as it's such a boring job!

What I'd like to know is if it's possible to automate this task. Perhaps set up the stereo backing track on Logic, then take one vox track and bounce to MP3, take a new vox track and bounce, etc.

Anything so I don't have to sit there doing this by hand! There are over 700 names with more to go!

I've read a bit about Applescript, could this be the answer?

<skulks off back to the mac>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté mer. 15 nov. 2006, 22:38
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

Should be able to do it in Apple script, I haven't mess with A scripts since OS9 so my current knowledge is poor.

Google Apple Scripts there may already be a script in existance or one you can adapt with a little editing.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
mormess
posté mer. 15 nov. 2006, 23:13
Message #3

Membre no 26,231

Thanks for the reply, I suspected as much but it's a bit of a needle in a haystack job! Anyone else able to hone gdoubleyou's suggestion?

I am so bored!

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 16 nov. 2006, 02:13
Message #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

gdoubleyou is right, it's a job for applescript like it is.

There's a "lot" of communities around on Applescript with knowledgeable persons who can help you in the process, they may not know the logic commands but still help about the procedural techniques.

Note that there is applescripts which are driving actions in the finder or in apps, and intelligent folders which have applescripts actions attached to. Your solution may be a mix of both. like:

- Wav files in a folder W deposed in a folder A watched out for sending to your mac
- folder content get sent (folder W get sent)
- folder W comes in another one B watched out for logic processing
- job worked out in Logic
- mp3 got into a folder C watched out for burning
- and burned

There will be the question on how to name stuff as it goes not to mix one content with another and the burning will still be tedious.

As it's rather complex, I think you need some benevolent applescripter to help huh.gif

(note, I've got only basic applescript knowledge, I only tried to give you an idea of how it'll run, trust more the AS gurus! wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
mormess
posté jeu. 16 nov. 2006, 12:34
Message #5

Membre no 26,231

Merci lepetitmartien

I have thrown myself on the mercy of an applescript forum. It's about time I looked into AS as it could help me with some other problems. Now all I have to do is find a way of automating Protools on a *cough* PC and we won't have to do anything!

We're just burning the whole lot onto a data DVD for the client and they sort out the burning of individual CDs.

Thanks both for your help, I feel it's one step closer to sanity.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 16 nov. 2006, 15:24
Message #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Let us know how it'll turn out, it's not current for an affair wink.gif (fortunately!)

Good luck and happy scripting! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 22 oct. 2024, 00:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008