MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu 2408 Mk2 And Itunes Crash, Audio conflict?
jesmond
posté lun. 8 sept. 2003, 07:57
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 août 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 22,530

Hi All

I have a weird situation, whereby if I am browsing through music files in itunes, it invariably crashes. This applies to audio that resides on my hardrive, and CD's that are in the drive. I have the Motu 2408 mk2 firewire audio card installed, and run it from the moto328 utility software. I have it installed in both os 9.2.2 and 10.2.6. An odd thing happens in 10.2.6 though, when I shut down, the audio card literally screams like a banshee, and lights up all of the output lights on the 2408. Yesterday, I uninstalled all the drivers in 10.2.6 for the motu, and the problem stopped, hardly convenient though.
Has anyone else had this problem, its driving me nuts and is really hindering my progress, I am having to do more forced restarts than ever!!

G4 dual 1.25, 1 gig ram, 2* HD, motu 2408 mk2, Logic Platinum 6.1 , os 9.2.2 and 10.2.6
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté lun. 8 sept. 2003, 22:02
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

well... i can't say this may be part of your problem but are you trying to run itunes with other music apps opened? I know in OS9 my system will not run multiple apps at same time when they are audio apps trying to use the DAE for audio output with my Digi001 interface. I don't quite understand why but have learned to just use one music apps at a time.

I also power down my audio interface before shutting down computer or restarting as it send a nice surge to my monitors (speakers) and it sounds horrid for second before shutting down and if volume is at 25% or greater almost trashes my monitors. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
krisg
posté mer. 10 sept. 2003, 07:51
Message #3

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 11 févr. 01
Lieu : Yerres - FR
Membre no 268

I belive that as for the DAE there is nothing that can be done. It's just the way the thing works. As to the Motu card, I do have the same screaming noise when powering down the computer, in which case I always turn down my mixing desk volume all the way down. You could blow your speakers out with that. I don't have any problems having Digital Performer with Reason, Peak and Itunes work all at the same time, under macos 9. Do you have the lastest drivers? smile.gif

--------------------
When you understand disorder, out of that understanding comes order-JK.
http://www.audioplanet.fr

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 4 juil. 2024, 19:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008