MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daw Setups And Control Surfaces
mkarnick
posté mar. 1 juil. 2003, 09:53
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 juin 03
Lieu : Calabasas - US
Membre no 20,282

Hi Folks,

This is my first post, thanks in advance for your kind responses. I am looking at converting to Mac, and I currently use a Steinberg Nuendo 95/52 (aka RME Project Hammerfall) card with an Alesis AI3 into Cubase SX. I am thinking of chucking the whole thing and getting a Digi 001. I am attracted in part to the simplicity of having an integrated software and hardware package that seems to be pretty reliable. What are the alternatives? Is there any life left in the RME card? You would not believe how hard it was to get it all working on the PC.

Also, do many of you use control surfaces? I am intrigued by the Mackie Baby HUI and Mackie control, but I have not read alot of posts about them.

I will probably buy a dual 1.25 Ghz G4, which should handle all of the above.

Thanks again for any feedback you might have.

Mark Karnick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gramps
posté mar. 1 juil. 2003, 12:16
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 20 juin 03
Lieu : Williamston - US
Membre no 19,980

i've been running paris on a pc for 5 years and am in the process of adding a G4, MOTU 96/192, DP4 and the Mixedlogic controller. As far as the Digi001 /Protool LE goes i guess it depends on the number of I/O's you'll be needing, editing level and the final track count. You might also consider the Digi002 as an alternative as it is an all in one box with a higher track count and a better I/O configuration. A final consideration might be the MOTU 24i or 2408 MarkIII with either DP4 or Logic 6.0. This will give you 24 I'O's and unlimited track count DP4 and 64 for Logic. Though with the latter two you will need some decent mic pres and a couple of DI boxes.

The mackie control surfaces are fine but make sure that you are properly grounded as it can be problematic if you're not. It won't damage the gear but they won't function properly. You can get groundinhg straps at a Radio Shack or some place equivilant.

g
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 27 avril 2024, 16:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008