MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Vocal Recording Techniques, What makes for good technical vocal
sonickid23
posté sam. 13 mai 2006, 01:54
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 avril 06
Lieu : New York - UK
Membre no 78,897

So I've been doing some reading in this forum and have learned that, yes a large part of a good vocal involves the talent of the singer. However, technically what makes a good vocal recording?...after recording some of my own vocals and comparing to some CD's of mine I realize they need some sprucing up. I've heard about limiters and compressers and equalizers, yet I have NO CLUE what these do. I have fiddled with them a bit and can definitely hear a difference in the sound, but I guess my question is"What is the desirable vocal sound/quality?" and "How is it achieved?"...I'm sure this will spur a multitude of different answers...so I guest every just give your two cents. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
artofmixing
posté mer. 3 juin 2009, 15:00
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 31 mars 09
Membre no 107,571

I think a good thing to have in mind when recording vocals is that the vocalist is the most important part of the signal chain - make sure they are fully warmed up and relaxed to produce that memorable performance - I generally apply a compressor in the signal chain when dynamics are excessive and in terms of mixing, after the recording stage, emphasize the 5kHz frequency (or around this region) for vocal presence and a boost between 10-15kHz to cut the vocals through and make them sound more airy. Taping a pencil vertically to the pop shield improves its ability to prevent s and p blasting.

I like to use the AKG SolidTube 6-12 inches from the singer with low frequency roll-off filter on to produce warm, intimate sound.

Ce message a été modifié par artofmixing - mer. 3 juin 2009, 15:06.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 28 avril 2024, 23:02
- © 440 Forums 2011