MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools M Powered?
Foxyphil
posté lun. 30 janv. 2006, 21:53
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 sept. 05
Lieu : Enfield London - UK
Membre no 70,025

I have recently purchased a Focusrite Saffire soundcard, which comes bundled with cubase le. I also bought the Native Instruments "Essentials" package - Battery 2, Kompakt, Abysynth 3 and Pro 53.

My original plan was to use Pro Tools because of the esoteric RTAS plug ins, and session compatibility with PRO tools TDM if I saved up to book a day in an equipped studio.

As a newbie to puters, I got a bit freaked by the mixed feedback on the M audio stuff and the M Box. Too impatient to save for the firewire Digi 002. My question is this. Could I cover my bases by sequencing in VST or AU environment (I am mainly midi- based), using the instruments in those formats - and then put the resultant files into Pro tools?

I am toying with idea of getting an M audio m powered keyboard (Ozone or Ozonic) so I could make this switch when the time came for applying effects. Or is this just not feasible?

My other plan is to upgrade from Kompakt to Kontakt - which comes with loads of sounds, "intelligent midi- scripts" to make the bundled hi resolution samples sound very realistic with layers and articulations etc - and just forget about Pro Tools until Im ready to mix.

Any ideas or observations would be well appreciated.

Take care foxy ps I really rate the Abysynthe b t w. Awesome possibilities.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté mer. 1 févr. 2006, 03:49
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

I have Ableton live & I have an Mbox (PT 6.9) - ALL of my work is being done in Ableton right now & I probably won't use the M-box until mixdown.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 8 sept. 2024, 18:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008