MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Usb Mics And Pre-amps And A Budget, usb mics and pre-amps
Mr. Jason E. Lec...
posté lun. 10 juil. 2006, 05:34
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 janv. 06
Lieu : Kansas City - US
Membre no 74,692

can anyone tell me if usb condensor mics record with good quality? i've heard only a small bit about usb mics with mixed reviews, but one thing that worries me is noise. is that a big problem with usb mics and if so is that easily remedied with software? this is for recording vocals.

i was wondering if it's better to maybe use a regular condensor mic and a usb audio interface. if that's the case do i need some sort of pre-amp or something with phantom power? what would you suggest?

anyone who responds to this, please keep in mind that i have a small budget and only a G4 1.07 GHz iBook with 512MB ram running Ableton Live 5. i obviously won't be able to do as well as a pro studio, but i want to be able to make a strong sounding demo. ANY tips would be fabulous!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
imhookt1
posté jeu. 19 juil. 2007, 21:52
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 déc. 05
Lieu : Minneapolis - US
Membre no 74,293

QUOTE (Mr. Jason E. Lectric @ Sun 9 Jul 2006, 23:34) *
can anyone tell me if usb condensor mics record with good quality? i've heard only a small bit about usb mics with mixed reviews, but one thing that worries me is noise. is that a big problem with usb mics and if so is that easily remedied with software? this is for recording vocals.

i was wondering if it's better to maybe use a regular condensor mic and a usb audio interface. if that's the case do i need some sort of pre-amp or something with phantom power? what would you suggest?

anyone who responds to this, please keep in mind that i have a small budget and only a G4 1.07 GHz iBook with 512MB ram running Ableton Live 5. i obviously won't be able to do as well as a pro studio, but i want to be able to make a strong sounding demo. ANY tips would be fabulous!

Jason I have a blueball usb and have used with soundstudio for mac it does seem to be a bit noisy but then again I was checking it out when I 1st. got it. I suggest try recording in a sound free room if that's possible? with your music and your vocal listening in your headphones when recording so you can sync with what your trying to record? as far as the pre-amp or phantom power can't really help with that aspect. I'm still looking for way to if this is possible for a usb to xlr or trs converter so I can use my blueball mic with an analog mixer for remote recording? so I can capture the live room (audience) when I perform live when I do. at least when recording.I'm a Blues 'n' Jazz cat live also a sound artist, painting with sounds if you will on the side, my blueball works great for that genre'. best of luck to ya' "Hook" ps. I also suggest adding more RAM you find it'll run a lot smoother, a satisfied pro tools user when I upgraded.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 15 mai 2024, 15:37
- © 440 Forums 2011