MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adc - Vga Extractor Problems - Please Help, 2nd monitor on G5PM vga, gets priority
bloodychoir
posté mar. 14 déc. 2004, 00:40
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 août 04
Lieu : Melbourne - AU
Membre no 48,960

Hi, question for anyone who's had the wonderful experience of having to find a vga extractor in order to go into the ADC in of their G5 power mac with a second (vga) monitor. I have an LCD going DVI, and a Mitsubishi Diamond View going to the ADC port via an ADC-VGA adaptor cable. After the initial disbelief at having to fork out 60 Oz bucks for a cable to use a 2nd monitor, I'm finding that the Mac is giving the vga monitor primary status, and what this means is that when I turn the computer on it boots on this monitor regardless of my contrary display preference settings. Also, for some reason it sends the vga monitor out of range, even though the preference setting was within range previously. The problem is overcome simply by turning the vga monitor off before turning the mac on. But fuck that, I can't even remember where the buttons are, and I want to leave both screens on standby etc.

I know it's largely off-audio, but until I can afford another LCD I'd appreciate some help - seems a little stupid and I'm probably just missing something.
Cheers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PristineRec
posté mar. 14 déc. 2004, 07:08
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 janv. 04
Lieu : Chicago - US
Membre no 33,284

I hate to say this after you already spent the 60 bucks, but the way I overcame this problem was to put my digital LCD into the ADC port via the included ADC to DVI adapter, then put the VGA on the DVI port using a $20 Belkin adapter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 28 mars 2024, 21:11
- © MacMusic 1997-2008