MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools, Mbox, Ebay And More!, uh-huh.
Astral Cars
posté mar. 15 juil. 2003, 04:49
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 juil. 03
Lieu : St. Paul - US
Membre no 21,310

Okay, so I was bored one time and I download Pro Tools 6, I tried opening it up and got that ever so common 1119 error, but that's just because I didn't have any sort of hardware hooked up. It's now a couple months later and I'm going to buy an mBox, I've decided to get one off of eBay, cause that way I save money. My issue is that I'm trying to decide if I should get the ones that are older versions of pro tools and use PT6 which I had already downloaded, I wonder because they are cheaper. I'm just concerned that I'll get it and then the PT6 which I have will not work for some reason and I'll have to spend more to get the new version. I have an 800mhz flat screen iMac with the latest version of X installed. If someone could just tell me what will work and what wont that would be great. Also I plan on getting the Behringer UB2222FX mixer, if anyone cares to comment on that item that would be cool.

Ce message a été modifié par Astral Cars - mar. 15 juil. 2003, 04:51.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xenonaut
posté mar. 15 juil. 2003, 09:33
Message #2

Inscrit : 19 juin 03
Lieu : Zürich - CH
Membre no 19,902

I can't really comment on using a downloaded PT LE 6 with an older MBox (though from a technical perspective, I don't see any obvious problem; I'm not aware of mechanism which links the serial number of the software to a particular box, though I could be wrong; I bought mine new with PT LE 6).

However, regarding eBay: I found that the going prices for the MBox on eBay were *so* close to the new price that it just wasn't worth it. Specifically, they seemed to hover right around 400 USD, and for 450 you can *easily* find a new one via mail order (maybe even cheaper, if you look; I'm not sure). So for about 10 percent more, you get a brand new box, with *warranty* AND the latest version of ProTools.

Maybe if you watch eBay for a while, you can find a really good deal. When I looked, it didn't seem like there were so many great deals (and remember that auction prices often climb fast in the last few minutes -- check out prices under "completed items" for a good indicator). My rule of thumb is that if something used costs more than 75-80 percent of the new price, it's worth it just to buy new.

Good luck, in any event.

Ce message a été modifié par xenonaut - mar. 15 juil. 2003, 09:35.

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mar. 15 juil. 2003, 16:03
Message #3

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

be aware.... you had mentioned that you downloaded ProTools 6 and not ProTools LE 6 which is what Mbox uses. Any ProTools without the LE on the name is intended for TDM systems using DSP powered PCI cards for the sound processing. PTLE was meant for the cheaper Digidesign systems that use CPU for sound processing as in the Digi001 & 002 and Mbox. So if you have actual PT 6 and not LE then it will not work with Mbox and should be removed before installing the actual PTLE program with Mbox.

Ce message a été modifié par Synthetic - mar. 15 juil. 2003, 16:05.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
Astral Cars
posté mar. 15 juil. 2003, 17:06
Message #4

Inscrit : 15 juil. 03
Lieu : St. Paul - US
Membre no 21,310

Sorry about that, it is Pro Tools LE 6. Well, there is an auction ending in an hour that I feel I can get a pretty good deal on, so I'll try that. I let you know if I've got a problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 16 oct. 2024, 19:57
- © MacMusic 1997-2008