MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PLUG-INS!!! Surely somebody knows!, TDM / RTAS / VST - MacAmp / SoundJAM??
posté mer. 20 mars 2002, 07:45
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

I own a ProTools (MIX/TDM) rig & have a ton of plugins. Is there a way to use plugins OUTSIDE the ProTools platform?

I'm trying to find a way to add compression / L1 type maximization to a streaming audio web-feed. MacAmp has a few plugins, but nothing much. Is there a way to ADD plugins to MacAmp or Soundjam - or some other mp3 player?

Is there a way to use plugins as if they were rack gear & route other programs into them? Didn't Waves have a way to do this once upon a time?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mer. 20 mars 2002, 15:11
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

The only thing I know of that will do anything close to what you seek is a new app called Pluggo. It will let you use RTAS, VST, and MAS plugs in its host based system to manipulate sound like crazy. The interface is not the most professional looking but I have heard some great stuff about it. As far as plugs in Soundjam or Macamp.... the only audio plug that works with those is one called 'realizer' which enhances the dynamics of mp3 files but as far as I know... there are no plugs that will work for these apps that do compression and normalizing as you seek. The realizer might be worth looking into though because it does somewhat allow you to normalize the sound but it can also distort it.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
posté jeu. 21 mars 2002, 00:16
Message #3

Groupe :
Membre no 0

i:

Do you have to be using your Pro Tools rig computer to do the streaming out? If you had another computer for that, you'd be able to route the signal through Pro Tools and get all the processing you need.

B

+Quote Post
posté jeu. 21 mars 2002, 03:21
Message #4

Groupe :
Membre no 0

You're right, and I'm thinking about just doing that, but I REALLY want to find a way to accomplish this all on one mac, that way I can leave it all running 24/7

I have software to play the audio (OnTheNet Studio)
I somehow want compression / levelling (and have a didi 001/ProTools LE with RTAS, though this doesn't have to be part of the setup)
I have software to stream the audio (MacAmp & Audio Hijack)

There must be a way!! ???

+Quote Post
posté jeu. 21 mars 2002, 18:06
Message #5

Groupe :
Membre no 0

I think the big problem is Pro Tools taking over the sound on your system.

+Quote Post
posté jeu. 21 mars 2002, 18:33
Message #6

Groupe :
Membre no 0

That's why I'd like to find a way to do it all without using my ProTools computer. I can turn my other mac into a streaming server using the audio player software and MacAmp or Soundjam as the streamer... I'm just trying to find a way to put compression inbetween the two to make the feed sound professional.

Surely there is a way! Waves Native? Anything?

+Quote Post
posté sam. 23 mars 2002, 06:05
Message #7

Groupe :
Membre no 0

Uh... why don't you just buy the MP3 adapter for ProTools?
It's like $20.

+Quote Post
posté sam. 23 mars 2002, 20:05
Message #8

Groupe :
Membre no 0

Why don't I buy the mp3 adapter? Because I'm streaming an audio feed to the net using MacAmp - not playing mp3's. MacAmp (and Soundjam) has a great feature for streaming audio to the net to create an online broadcast. I'm just trying to add a layer of compression to the feed.

(although thanks for the tip on PT mp3 converter. I don't have it & have been using SoundJam to convert - but buying the converter for PT is much easier!)

+Quote Post
horowizard
posté ven. 24 mai 2002, 05:39
Message #9

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 mai 02
Lieu : Dobbs Ferry
Membre no 4,792

What you are asking is relatively simple to do, particularly on systems which allow you to create Auxiliary tracks.  Auxiliary tracks do not actually record an audio waveform, but they do have insert points and can recieve and send audio either through the inputs and outputs of your interfaces or through the internal busses within Pro Tools or both.  

The first thing to do is obviously create a Pro Tools session.  Next create an or any number of Auxiliary track(s) and choose which plug ins or combinations of plug ins that you would like to use in your audio chain by putting them across the inserts.  Address the inputs of the Auxiliary tracks to correspond with the inputs of your interfaces which are being fed the audio that you would like to process.  Then it is a simple matter of routing the audio signal(s) being processed within Pro Tools back out to your system via the outputs of your interfaces. You can send them back into the input channels of your recording console, input tracks of your tape machines or other effects processors.  You can even send those tracks back into Pro Tools for even more processing.

If you do not have the abiliy to create Auxiliary tracks, you can use Audio tracks just as easily.  Use the same technique of placing your plug ins across the channel inserts.  As long as the tracks are RECORD ENABLED, they will pass audio back out through your interfaces.

I have an HD 3 System, but this method will work with any system, even very early ones.  Again, if you need to use Audio tracks for this, the key is to Record Enable the track(s) but do not actually engage Pro Tools into record mode (unless of course you happen to want to record your audio source in Pro Tools!)

+Quote Post
posté sam. 25 mai 2002, 23:46
Message #10

Groupe :
Membre no 0

Nice long post there. Now tell him how to use MacAmp and Pro Tools on the same Mac at the same time.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 05:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008