MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audiophile2496,mac Osx, disruption
chrissyp
posté mer. 4 févr. 2004, 01:27
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 févr. 04
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 34,667

Any suggestions, I've a Audiophile 2496, running MacOSX, Logic Plat6.3, also Korg Karma & Soundcraft mixer. Sadly I have disruption occur in the sound(sometimes frequently) mainly on loops, but not just. It can sometimes be in the form of popping & clicking, but is really disturbing when it is very rapid & lengthy, almost stalling the playback. It can also occur when recording or just striking a key on the Korg. Have tried all manufacturers but are drawing blanks. Is there anything obvious that may be wrong? Suggestion greatly appreciated sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mer. 4 févr. 2004, 04:48
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Have you twiddle the audio buffers (card and logic)?
(the obvious)

Also on which mac are you ? G5s have a problem reported but it's more hum than pop.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
rolle33
posté mer. 4 févr. 2004, 14:49
Message #3

Inscrit : 29 déc. 03
Lieu : Karlsruhe - DE
Membre no 32,005

Do you use the midiport of your card?
If yes, then unplugg your midicable and restart your audiosoftware and the clicks and pops are gone... its a known problem of all Midiman-DSP-Cards under OSX. Use an USB Midi-Interface instead and everything works fine wink.gif

Rolf

+Quote Post
chrissyp
posté mer. 4 févr. 2004, 20:48
Message #4

Membre no 34,667

Its a G4 1.25gh dual. have done the buffer change. If its any more useful- the Korg is connected via the Midi ports on the sound card, but all else goes through audio in the mixer. The Korg is mainly set to local control off.

+Quote Post
chrissyp
posté ven. 6 févr. 2004, 00:22
Message #5

Membre no 34,667

Hi,

Thanks for that advice, just tried that(if i did it right)quite a novice, the noise still happened, strangely it is only when the keyboard is on- and the best i can describe it is sounding like a pneumatic drill. I have been thinking about changing the whole soundcard set-up for a while. Would you recommend any one thing in particular that would work well with my set up? Or am i missing something more obvious on the Korg side or midi set up? Your advice is appreciated.

+Quote Post
Eternal Tedium
posté mar. 10 févr. 2004, 08:19
Message #6

Inscrit : 10 févr. 04
Lieu : Wedel - DE
Membre no 35,430

Might be obvious but make sure that the settings in the M-Audio Delta Control Panel are correct as well as in Logic. Check that you have the latest driver and if the problem remains contact M-Audio. I have found them very helpful in resolving an issue I had with the 2496 a year ago (which led to the release of a new driver :-))

Good Luck!

+Quote Post
chrissyp
posté mer. 18 févr. 2004, 12:59
Message #7

Membre no 34,667

Hi- tried the download of new drivers- went from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6 - now left with a ticking(sounds like a clock) any time I use an application that requires the soundcard. Has anyone got the 1.1.5 driver they can forward to me? If poss. Or any other poss solutions?

+Quote Post
rolle33
posté mar. 24 févr. 2004, 11:36
Message #8

Membre no 32,005

Hi,

believe me: you have to unplugg EVERYTHING from the Midiport of your DeltaCard!!
Don't use the Midiport of that Card and your problems are gone! Use an USB Midi-Interface instead! thats the only way to work with a DeltaCard and OSX. (i used a 2496 and now i use a 1010 - both the same problem)

Rolf

+Quote Post
Eternal Tedium
posté mar. 24 févr. 2004, 11:53
Message #9

Inscrit : 10 févr. 04
Lieu : Wedel - DE
Membre no 35,430

what kind of problems using the midiports on the deltas did you have? i have been using them for over a year now without any trouble.

+Quote Post
rolle33
posté mer. 25 févr. 2004, 18:45
Message #10

Membre no 32,005

Clicks and pops and sometimes the whole audiosignal stuttered. i found other people with the same problem and they told me to unplugg everything from the midiport of the deltacard. i did it, used my USB-Midi-interface and everything worked. Maybe it's also a problem of the Mac-Hardware i have? i use a dual 867 Quicksilver...
Me, i would not buy another M-Audio Product for a Mac. did you ever tried to get some helpful answer from their support as a mac-User? i think its better to invest in professionell equipment like Motu...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 12 oct. 2024, 14:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008