MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could I Still Using Dp 4.0????????
rockmusichk2004
posté jeu. 8 juil. 2004, 10:14
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 juil. 04
Lieu : Hong Kong - CN
Membre no 46,517

I use MOTU 828mk2 and have the latest driver download, everything is OK except haven't got midi out from both hardware and software synths.
Is it due to still using DP 4.0? and Is it a must to update to 4.12?
Are there solutions to get rid of this midi problem if i keep on using my DP 4.0?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté jeu. 8 juil. 2004, 17:13
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

Update the software. DP4.12 uses about 30%-50% less CPU, and also has several bug fixes.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Jaysee
posté ven. 9 juil. 2004, 20:45
Message #3

Inscrit : 25 janv. 04
Lieu : Blackpool - UK
Membre no 34,025

Hi, re Digital Performer' various revent updates,I think I've mentioned in a previous post that I've bought quite a few bits of fancy music software over the past few months from Turnkey in London in various phone transactions. So I now have DP4, Garritan PO and NI's Komplete set.......all in advance of my buying a G5 to put them in!!!.('still saving up!)
The unopened tantalising boxes have been sitting patiently on the shelf awaiting the new computers eventual arrival. Recently I went as far as prematurely unwrapping the packages and taking the various manuals out for a quick glance to see how much (if anything!) I can comprehend.

I was surprised and puzzled by my discovery that my DP4 is in fact a 'crossgrade' version.....(which I understand to mean that one is migrating to MOTU DP4 from another company's competing sequencing product) and instead of sending off a regisgration card as normal, there was a card advising me that my copy DP4 is a crossgrade; and most worrying that in order to qualify for future upgrades and fixes I should send off the card+ the *first page of the manual for that competing product*, which as DP4 is to be my first software sequencer I cant do!
I bought most of the software, incl DP, in one (rather expensive) single phone transaction. I most definately didnt ask the salesman for anything other than the full products. My main worry was getting the slightly complicated NI Komplete qualifying deal sorted out right, (ie buying one full price NI product.....eg 'Battery' so you can get the Komplete set at such a greatly reduced price.)

I'd never even heard of crossgrade versions till I read it on the card in the DP box, I made my purchases in good faith! I phoned Turnkey the other day to order some hardware this time, and mentioned my concern that they had sent me an crossgrade DP4, and that I was a trifle p****d off if this meant I'd be stuck with a non upgradable version, They just said " Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that" and said I should contact MOTU. I've emailed MOTU a few times but no reply as yet.
After reading about various pieces of music software's problems being magically sorted out by the latest upgrades and bug fixes , I'm worried that my sequencer will be out of date before I even use it!
I know a few of you use MOTU gear so must know the company's customer post sales friendliness (or otherwise!)
Any thoughts or advice?
regards John

+Quote Post
Kubi
posté jeu. 22 juil. 2004, 02:15
Message #4

Inscrit : 07 juil. 04
Lieu : - US
Membre no 46,444

Well, that blows. MOTU may or may not help you out of this one (I hope they do) but the real culprit is Turnkey. Get on their case something fierce and tell them to send you the right copy right away. These things (upgrade/crossgrade versions) are clearly marked and I'm almost certain are priced lower also on the wholesale level by the manufacturer.

So it may have been an oversight, or else those blokes at Turnkey may be looking to make a little extra cash..? Either way, they should be a LOT more eager to get this sorted out.

MOTU on the other hand only got, what, like 50% of the normal wholesale price from Turnkey?, so if they help you, it's only out of their own goodness.

Find another dealer. And spread the word.

--------------------
Kubi

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté jeu. 22 juil. 2004, 21:09
Message #5

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

I wouldn't sweat over it. I also purchased the crossgrade, it's a full functional version.

If you have to go to steinbergs site download the cubase manual in .pdf, print the titile page and mail it in.

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Jaysee
posté ven. 23 juil. 2004, 01:35
Message #6

Inscrit : 25 janv. 04
Lieu : Blackpool - UK
Membre no 34,025

Cheers for the advice folks. I just looked at Turnkey's web site and they're now "selling DP4 'crossgrade' which they apparently supply as a crossgrade from the free 'master trax pro.' Gee I wish they'd told me that when I bought it over the phone.

Interestingly the crossgrade version costs£293.74 while the straight DP4 sells for less! namely £229.99.....work that one out. I see that they're currently doing NI's Komplete softsynth set for around £150.00!!!!!.....now that IS a great deal, I bought it a couple of months back for a lot more dosh than that and considered it bloody good value. I'm really looking forward to actually hearing what all these instruments sound like when I finally get them fired up.

Which leads me onto my big news: after months, nay years of deliberations and spending a home studio budget buying music tech type mags trying to make sense of the new jargon, acronyms and abreviations which obscure the wood with lots of trees: I threw caution and good sense to the wind and finally ordered a G5 2GHz dual with two Gig RAM to house all this fancy software. Also a pair of Tapco S5's and the little Tapco 6 ch mixer, delta 44 interface and midisport 4x4, phew, expensive week. I'm hoping for the best as far as understanding how it all works.....but if I get very confused there might be a rash of really dumb questions appearing soon on the forum:-)
Thanks again, regards, John.

+Quote Post
Kubi
posté sam. 24 juil. 2004, 00:12
Message #7

Inscrit : 07 juil. 04
Lieu : - US
Membre no 46,444

Congrats!! I got my 2x2 G5 4 months ago and never looked back. You will LOVE it.

A few quick pieces of advice on how to make it perform at peak-speed and reliability:

http://www.osxaudio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10337

I posted some info there on how I got my system to perform pretty darn flawlessly, if I do say so myself (4th post down or so...) Also, the link in the post on macosx speed improvements is very handy. Finally, do NOT skimp on RAM, make sure it's an Apple approved brand and comes from a very reliable source. Bad RAM can cause really horrid computer behaviour, and is really hard to troubleshoot.

--------------------
Kubi

+Quote Post
Panopticon
posté sam. 24 juil. 2004, 12:15
Message #8

Inscrit : 24 janv. 04
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 33,943

First of all, the crossgrade should cost a lot less than the full version of DP4. At Musician's Friend, the crossgrade is $329, while the full version is $495. Second, all you have to do is find someone with any kind of sequencer manual that they don't need the first page from. Send it in with your registration, and you'll be set. If you were to buy an 828mkII, you would be able to use the first page from the included "Audiodesk" manual.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 5 oct. 2024, 23:40
- © MacMusic 1997-2008