MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Garageband Latency, Guitar Monitioring
roders
posté lun. 18 août 2008, 00:06
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 févr. 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 11,704

I've been playing about with Garage band & my guitar, plugging my guitar directly into my Mac (with a 1/4 Cinch jack to mini jack lead to plug in) in Audio midi setup I've changed the input (and output) sampling rate to 24Bit, but when I change the input as well as output smalping rate to 96000 Khz (to reduce latency) I get problems.
I can only set either the input or the output to this resolution (not both at the same time, which ever I set first seems to stick, and then whichever I set second doesn't) or I get a click and the resolution immediately sets back. If for some reason the resolution change does stick in Audio Midi setup. As soon as I open Garageband I hear a click, and if I check Audio Midi setup, the resolution has gone back down again.

What I want to know is, is they're a workaround in the OS? Is it a bug in the OS? Is it a limitation of Garageband? Or do I need a separate Audio interface?

P.S Garageband is set to low latency in the prefs and only one audio channel is active/monitored.

Hardware/Software versions

Macmini Core Duo 1.66Ghz 2GB ram, upgraded 7200 rpm internal laptop drive.
Mac OSX 10.5.4 Leopard, Garageband v3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Bienvenue invité
Contribute
PcMusic est VOTRE site! Participez à son évolution...
Version bas débit - vendredi 4 oct. 2024, 12:06
- © PcMusic 1997-2007