MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Data Transfer (again) From Ext. Hd
zaaresh
posté ven. 26 oct. 2007, 17:37
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 sept. 03
Lieu : Vienna - AT
Membre no 24,953

Hi there helpful people,

lately i was asking lepetitmartien about recording and saving data on internal hard drives.
my prod. partner and me, we bought 3 hard drives: 1 Samsung 7200 400GB 8MB Cache and two Seagate 7200 320 GB 16MB. The Power Mac is: G4 MDD 2 x 1,25Ghz , 1GB RAM

- We are about to do a data transfer from an external firewire disk (LA CIE 160GB) which was formated and used on OS 9.2. - and there´s the problem nr 1: while trying to copy data - in this case samples from the Sound Banks (Battery, Xtreme Samples, etc.) , mostly aiffs and waves, we discovered that the data size of the copied samples is different to the original size on the external drive.

Anyway: copying succeded, and i can use the samples in LOGIC projects - but what´s the matter, do we use kind of reduced quality samples (??) or is it about a data information problem (while pressing Apple + I) because the LA CIE Drive has another format? what to do to get the right size ?

- The second question starts in LOGIC (version Logic Pro 6.4.) but is as well a Copying problem, I suppose: (I placed this question in the Software / Logic section as well, so please ignore it, if you think it´s in the wrong place)

while trying to save Logic songs as "projects" from the external to the internal drives - although i selected "copy audio + sampler instruments" the programm refuses to copy data from the external hard drive, for ex. it doesn´t copy Battery 2 samples to the project folder - so : the samples cannot be found while the external drive is off.

hope you didn´t fall asleep while reading this post ... , hope anyone can help!
thanks ,

milosz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 20 sept. 2024, 17:44
- © 440 Forums 2011