MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Sonnet Processors Again: G4 400, Could anybody relate, pls?
zaaresh
posté ven. 3 déc. 2004, 12:15
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 sept. 03
Lieu : Vienna - AT
Membre no 24,953

Hello everybody,

I just read the last topic about CPU upgrades on a G4 400 mhz - and yes , although it´s a fine computer, me n´ my producer partner just need mooooore speed , especially because we run Logic Pro 6 and quite lot of other stuff as well - maybe in future Final Cut or similar.
So first of all I would like to ask if generally one would recommend that kind of CPU upgrade . I don´t have a clue if this would have an impact on for ex. the cooling system ,or generally on the computer engine itself .(??), so please tell me.
Then, we will surely boost the RAM, which is actually 512 MB, up to 1GB - still I have to check, if my G4 is ok with that ( System Profiler - i suppose..).
IF this is working, it would be helpful to install OS X ( yes, we still run OS 9 and we don´t despise it!) - since all of the new applications of Logic 7 do run on OS X only ... , but: do I lose some of the efficiency of the OS X when installed on an upgraded G4? I suppose there´s a difference between G4 and G5 there... but how important is it?
--> the main reason for now why we won´t go out and buy a G5 is the money, but on the other hand it would be nice to have a second powermac to use in future, especially if you can connect several macs to improve the capacity of Logic 7 - anyone tried this already?
well, that´s all for now - thanks for replying!

zaaresh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- zaaresh   Sonnet Processors Again: G4 400   ven. 3 déc. 2004, 12:15
- - ourmanflinty   Well, I'll stick my neck out here but people m...   ven. 3 déc. 2004, 15:16
- - zaaresh   Greetings ourmanflinty, and thanx for the quick re...   sam. 4 déc. 2004, 16:15
- - CanadaRAM   RAM capacity depends which Dual G4 you get. The D...   mer. 8 déc. 2004, 07:25
- - zaaresh   thank YOU, man.   ven. 10 déc. 2004, 12:11

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 22 oct. 2024, 12:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008