MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Partitioning- Help Please
tom2323
posté lun. 12 janv. 2004, 14:55
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 févr. 03
Lieu : Liverpool - UK
Membre no 11,441

anyone recommend a good partition scheme to get audio and non audio harddrives on my mac. tried it l;ast week and have put too much memory on the audio side due to over estimating the size of my audio files. here are my stats to give you more of an idea.
Computer: G4 iMac
OS's: both OS 9.2.2 and OS X
Software: Logic Audio 4.8
Amount of audio files : bout 2-3 cd's worth.
Total Memory: 55GB
basically only use my computer for logic so the HD memory doesnt need to be massive. i split it at a 60:40 ratio (Audio:HD) which resulted in me having about 35GB for Audio and 20 for my non-audio side which is making my mac run a bit slow.
I also used the OS 9.2 and OS X install cd's to reboot my computer after partitioning it and now lost some programs like itunes and idvd, should i use the RESTORE CD's instead of the INSTALL CD's, the instuctions i followed to partition said use the install ones but as i said before i've lost some programs now. hopefully someone can give me some advice. cheers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- tom2323   Partitioning- Help Please   lun. 12 janv. 2004, 14:55
- - snow   hello tom. as for you system software, os x instal...   mar. 13 janv. 2004, 22:10

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 06:18
- © 440 Forums 2011