MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Midi
earmuffs
posté jeu. 18 déc. 2003, 04:14
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 déc. 03
Lieu : San Leandro - US
Membre no 31,003

Hello everyone!

Ok, i'll start off by saying that im brand new at this recording thing, however ive been playing, making, music for most of my life (not saying im any good, but its a passion), and ive just now gotten into the whole audio sequencing software thing. i'm completely LOST when it comes to MIDI!!!!

ive recently made the switch from pc to mac and have been training myself on it, finally to where im comfortable experimenting with audio sequencing software. i havent spent any money on any software programs, cause i havent found any that i really like.

1) with my equipment listed below (mainly my korg triton), how can i take advantage of this thing called MIDI? is it just a better way of recording data to a software program? right now, i just run (2) 1/4'' lines from the out on my triton, to my interface, could i bypass that somehow by using midi? is midi easy to set up?

2) are there any good audio sequencing software programs that work well with OS-X? While i enjoy all types of music, i mainly play (and soon record) rock to hard rock. is there a program that would benefit me, and would midi even be usefull to me?

Sorry, i could of made 4 posts out off this one, but hopefully someone can help this midi idiot out!

Thanks in advance!
Cubasis (Free)
Audacity (Free)

--------------------
G4 (1.25.ghz/512 MB)
OS X (10.2.8)
Tascam US-122 interface
Korg Triton Classic,
Roland T-5 drum machine,
(4) Guitars,
(1) Bass,
Pro Tools (Free)
Cubasis (Free)
Audacity (Free)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- earmuffs   Midi   jeu. 18 déc. 2003, 04:14
- - kaboombahchuck   Ah, the wonderful world of midi. Fortunatly you ar...   jeu. 18 déc. 2003, 05:30
- - Synthetic   for more midi info... click here!   jeu. 18 déc. 2003, 15:28

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (4 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 07:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008