MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Built-in Soundcard In Ti-powerbook, two nagging problems
benjones
posté lun. 24 mars 2003, 20:21
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 24 mars 03
Lieu : Oberlin - US
Membre no 14,914

I own a new G4 powerbook -- and I want to record on to it using the built-in soundcard. (only for a month or so until i can buy an external controller!). I have tried this out using Protools Free (booting up in OS 9), but I experienced a significant delay in monitoring the line in input. ex: I would play a note on my guitar, and then i would hear it a half-second later in my headphones.

so question 1: Is this latency due to the soundcard and is unchangeable? -- or can I reduce it by changing software settings?

also, I noticed OS 9 has an option to have the "line in" outputted -- so you can hear it in (almost!) real time when you snap your fingers. I can't find any option on OS X to send the input directly to the output in this way. So, thus i can't tell if there is a latency in OS X as well.

question 2: how can you monitor the line input in OS X?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very anxious to know whether i need to immediately run and buy an external controller to work on my multi-tracking projects.

smiles,

BEN
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- benjones   Built-in Soundcard In Ti-powerbook   lun. 24 mars 2003, 20:21

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 27 sept. 2024, 18:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008