MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Thousands Of Duplicate Song Files To Sort Through, File organization and backup
soundsmitten
posté dim. 18 avril 2004, 02:10
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 avril 04
Lieu : Vancouver - CA
Membre no 40,223

Well it's spring cleaning time,,, and over the years I have acumulated over 3000 .rns song files (Reason song files) found scattered all over my 400GB worth of harddrives!!!

If I do a regular Finder Search in OS X for all my .rns files, it will show me all 3000+ files and I'd say that over 1/3 of these files are duplicates! Alot of em are the same files that have been renamed over time, or have the same name but different dates, versions ect, ect... WHAT A MESS!!! I dont want to go through all of them manually.
even using Aladin's Spring Cleaning-Duplicates Finder is nothing but a long drawn out pain in the ass... what a waste of time and money already!

Doing all this work manually would take me months and I really really could use some help here as I would much rather be making music,,, not f**ing around well into next fall trying to manually sort through all this mess.

Anyone know of any OS X software that will scan my harddrives for specific file types (ie: .rns), automatically delete all duplicate files (leaving only 1 version of each file left on my hard drives), then allow me to take all those files,, lift em all up off my various drives and place them neatly into one handy folder that I can then sort through as my new "Reason Song Library Folder"???

Basically, I just wanna scan my entire system for all .rns files and simply have them backed up in one tidy folder EXCLUDING all the duplicates, then once I have organize those files, I can use Silverkeeper to then have that "Reason Song Library Folder" syncronized to a backup drive and all will be chill again in the land of soundsmitten... [B]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 25 sept. 2024, 19:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008