MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Switching From Pc To The Big Mac
alton1
posté dim. 1 juil. 2007, 21:28
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 juin 07
Lieu : Hamilton - US
Membre no 92,405

First of all thanks to all responded to my newbie/conversion questions. I switched from working on a PC to a dual 867 Mac. Not out of choice (although I love Macs, but the old, used PC died where I had all of my tracks)

Thanks for your help!!! I realized that the M Audio 2496 Audiophile card was half size but it does fit (I'm an idiot). I'm not so sure as to how to use the cable that comes with the unit (1 I/O for midi and a stereo cable for audio). What I used to do with the PC was use the stereo ins and outs on the card and go into a Mackie 1604 VLZ and mix from there on individual channels combined with the board from my software. Also that MIDI hookup on the breakout cables seems kind of limiting. What I'd like to do is use my MOTU micro express and have all of my MIDI stuff go into it and work from there. Radio Shack here doesn't have anything that will fit properly so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy that serial to USB cord. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

alton

P.S. I'm so out of the mix with all of this stuff, I can't remember how to properly hook up my audio channels to my patchbay (Tascam PB32P). 8 channels running to my patchbay. The outboard gear I can (hopefully) figure out. Thanks again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- alton1   Switching From Pc To The Big Mac   dim. 1 juil. 2007, 21:28
- - deaconblue   QUOTE (alton1 @ Sun 1 Jul 2007, 15:28) .....   mar. 3 juil. 2007, 05:11

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 12 oct. 2024, 14:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008