MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Total Beginner Needs Guiding Hand, Help for beginner
russellthemessia...
posté mar. 14 sept. 2004, 23:33
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 sept. 04
Lieu : Manchester - UK
Membre no 50,985

Hello all.

I am new both to Mac Music and making music on a Mac (or any other PC). I have absolutely no idea as to how audio setups work, MIDI interfaces, preamps etc. I once naively believed I could just plug my guitar into my computer; that gives you an idea of the level of ineptitude I display. BUT, I am willing to learn so, any plain English explanations of how best to go about recording my voice, my guitar and keyboards (yet to be bought but willing to spend some cash) would be much appreciated. I must make it clear that I fully intend to buy Logic Express 6... other than that, I am a little lost. I do not intend to spend more than £350 after having bought Logic... Many thanks in advance for your time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
kaboombahchuck
posté dim. 19 sept. 2004, 04:56
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

Yes your casio can be used as a midi controller (if it has a midi out port). You will need to get a USB or better midi interface. You would hook the midi out of the midi controller (casio) to the midi in of the interface (and vice versa if the controller also has a midi in port). If the casio is already USB ready, then you can plug the keyboard directly into the mac.

swilder explained the mixer thing...

Sound fonts are usually samples of sounds that can be put into a sampler (virtual or real) so that they can be triggered by any midi controller. Midi controllers are any device that sends midi commands. This includes your computer with a midi sequencing program, your casio (keyboard midi controller), my yamaha WX5 (wind midi controller), and so on... Sound fonts sound much better than some sounds that come from a synth (your casiio). Drums are the best example. Drum soundfonts are accuratly recorded sounds from a drum, so the sounds are much more realistic that what would come from a synth. Well produced soundfonts already come pre-panned. This pre-panning comes in handy (expecially with drum kits). Pre-panning also used to keep things like the actual stereo recording of a grand piano, that can then be trigerd by a midi controller. Wa-La! Your playing a stereo grand piano on your casio!

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- russellthemessiah   Total Beginner Needs Guiding Hand   mar. 14 sept. 2004, 23:33
- - xingu   Let's get some things straight first. Wha...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 01:28
- - russellthemessiah   Ok. Things are starting to make a little more sens...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 08:06
- - john63   Hi, I am wondering if I might ride along on this o...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 10:20
- - kaboombahchuck   OK, if I was just starting out, and new what I kno...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 13:27
- - russellthemessiah   Thanks for the reply dude. I'm just wonderin...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 13:51
- - xingu   Russell, You know what? You'll probably be ...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 17:12
- - russellthemessiah   Once again, thanks for the help. i am now consider...   jeu. 16 sept. 2004, 17:05
- - landlox   Hi _ I'm new to this web site. Just a hobbyist...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 03:14
- - xingu   Landlox, Yes, DAWs like Cubase and Logic do act a...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 05:13
- - kaboombahchuck   OK, here is the deal If you don't have (or wa...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 13:12
- - prrcomm   I agree with everything that's been said here ...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 17:36
- - landlox   Thanks much for your answers. As a long time compu...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 21:38
- - swilder   Midi Controller, If it has a Midi Out Port, it can...   sam. 18 sept. 2004, 05:34
- - scoutdavis   I was checking out the software directory based on...   mar. 28 sept. 2004, 21:10
- - kaboombahchuck   It's really hard to say what way to go when it...   jeu. 30 sept. 2004, 13:27

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 27 sept. 2024, 13:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008