MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Total Beginner Needs Guiding Hand, Help for beginner
russellthemessia...
posté mar. 14 sept. 2004, 23:33
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 sept. 04
Lieu : Manchester - UK
Membre no 50,985

Hello all.

I am new both to Mac Music and making music on a Mac (or any other PC). I have absolutely no idea as to how audio setups work, MIDI interfaces, preamps etc. I once naively believed I could just plug my guitar into my computer; that gives you an idea of the level of ineptitude I display. BUT, I am willing to learn so, any plain English explanations of how best to go about recording my voice, my guitar and keyboards (yet to be bought but willing to spend some cash) would be much appreciated. I must make it clear that I fully intend to buy Logic Express 6... other than that, I am a little lost. I do not intend to spend more than £350 after having bought Logic... Many thanks in advance for your time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
john63
posté mer. 15 sept. 2004, 10:20
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 sept. 04
Lieu : Mahasarakham - TH
Membre no 51,022

Hi, I am wondering if I might ride along on this one too, without detracting from Russell's requests.

I too am a beginner. In fact I am not even a musician. I have, however, been using Macs for years. I recently bought an iBook G4 with 640 MB ram and started playing with Garage Band. I really enjoy it and want to take it further. I guess my next steps are to consider the best ways for me to record voice (I am/was a professional storyteller.) and to add a keyboard input. I also need to learn to use the keyboard. wink.gif

I have been looking online at what is available in microphones. Actually I have recorded with the inbuilt mic but it seems to capture the whirring fan too. Someone recommended an iMic. But then I also have to buy a mic to go with that. How good does it need to be? And how about MicFlex. Why not plug such a USB mic straight in?

The keyboards that have been recommended are keystation 49e, GarageKey (maybe not released yet) and Novations controller. The last one looks just too complicated for me. Can anyone recommend either of the others? Any others?

To complicate all of this, I am in Thailand. I have not really looked at what is available here. Will take a trip to Bangkok in a few weeks to have a look. Also I am on a very limited budget.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- russellthemessiah   Total Beginner Needs Guiding Hand   mar. 14 sept. 2004, 23:33
- - xingu   Let's get some things straight first. Wha...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 01:28
- - russellthemessiah   Ok. Things are starting to make a little more sens...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 08:06
- - kaboombahchuck   OK, if I was just starting out, and new what I kno...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 13:27
- - russellthemessiah   Thanks for the reply dude. I'm just wonderin...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 13:51
- - xingu   Russell, You know what? You'll probably be ...   mer. 15 sept. 2004, 17:12
- - russellthemessiah   Once again, thanks for the help. i am now consider...   jeu. 16 sept. 2004, 17:05
- - landlox   Hi _ I'm new to this web site. Just a hobbyist...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 03:14
- - xingu   Landlox, Yes, DAWs like Cubase and Logic do act a...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 05:13
- - kaboombahchuck   OK, here is the deal If you don't have (or wa...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 13:12
- - prrcomm   I agree with everything that's been said here ...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 17:36
- - landlox   Thanks much for your answers. As a long time compu...   ven. 17 sept. 2004, 21:38
- - swilder   Midi Controller, If it has a Midi Out Port, it can...   sam. 18 sept. 2004, 05:34
- - kaboombahchuck   Yes your casio can be used as a midi controller (i...   dim. 19 sept. 2004, 04:56
- - scoutdavis   I was checking out the software directory based on...   mar. 28 sept. 2004, 21:10
- - kaboombahchuck   It's really hard to say what way to go when it...   jeu. 30 sept. 2004, 13:27

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 23 mai 2024, 18:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008