MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Avid (digidesign) Bought M-audio
booinec
posté ven. 13 août 2004, 18:58
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 04
Lieu : Eau Claire - US
Membre no 45,803

Avid (digidesign) just bought M-Audio

Check out the news releases at M-Audios home page:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=media.news

Interesting, eh?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
td3k
posté sam. 14 août 2004, 20:55
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 avril 03
Lieu : Tampa - US
Membre no 16,354

Read the Q&A

"...there are no plans to integrate Digidesign and M-Audio products as part of this acquisition announcement."

"...there are no plans to develop Pro Tools for M-Audio hardware as part of this acquisition announcement."

(In my opinion, Digidesign restricts ProTools to their own hardware so they can fully control the way ProTools works with the hardware and guarantee the way it will work. ... [The same way Mac OS is fully integrated to Apple hardware.] They are made to work together.
That is why PT works so well.

Have you ever noticed the endless threads about compatibility issues from users of M-Audio and other Interfaces? I'm not saying that those products are in any way inferior, (I own M-Audio gear myself) it is simply more difficult to ensure compatibility across the board with multiple hardware drivers and applications to consider.

I do think that this aquisition will be good for everyone, both Digi and M-Audio users alike.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 13:28
- © 440 Forums 2011