MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Logic Express Doesn't Like My G3 Ibook, Logic Express claiming it requires G4!
Dunepilot
posté mar. 4 mai 2004, 18:00
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 déc. 02
Lieu : Oxford - UK
Membre no 10,253

I have just picked up Logic Express 6 so that I can finally stop having to use OS 9 for anything (to ditch Logic Silver 4.8).

However, I'm getting a wierd error on my 800MHz G3 iBook when I launch the application, that says

"CUBE needs Altivec compatible cpu (G4 and up)" and then I have to quit the app.

Logic Express should work with a G3, so what is this 'CUBE' thing referring to? I have an edirol UA-30 USB audio solution (using core audio driver) and an emagic MT4 USB MIDI box that I want to use with Logic. I have a feeling the problem is being caused by the UA-30 in some way, because logic launches okay if I don't have this plugged in (though I get another error telling me I have no audio interface plugged in).

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance
Dune
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
MrDee
posté dim. 9 mai 2004, 15:03
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 janv. 04
Lieu : Brisbane - AU
Membre no 32,416

i do remember reading somewhere about a plugin called CUBE that is extrememly taxing on the cpu and requires no less that G4. Perhaps you have this? Search for 'CUBE' and see if any plugins come up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (3 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 22 oct. 2024, 01:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008