MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Mic Recommendations, Mic Recomendations
Freestyle Rapper
posté ven. 23 avril 2004, 15:11
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 avril 04
Lieu : Melbourne - AU
Membre no 41,194

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Hey allz sup, I was wondering what mics do you recommend and how much do they cost I wanted one arround the $100 aus mark but if you can justify a good reason to buy one that more expensive it would be well appreciated cool Fanx smile.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Panopticon
posté sam. 1 mai 2004, 03:17
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 24 janv. 04
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 33,943

Well, the cheap condensers are, um, cheap. If you don't yet know what phantom power is, then you probably have a lot more research to do before you know what mic will work best for you the majority of the time. And no, $60 condensers don't compare to $500.00 ones (which, by the way, don't compare to a Neumann, et al.), no matter what the 'retail price.'

I'm definitely not one to say that you have to have expensive shit to get a good sound, though. If you want a tried and true mic that you won't be throwing your money away on (i.e.- something that will still be immensely useful even when you *could* spend more) pick up a Shure SM57. It's used for recording more than any other mic, and works on drums, guitars, vocals, etc.

BUT- remember that the mic pre is more important than the mic. If you're going through a Mackie with an SM57; well, you're just never going to get the sound that you would with a Neve, Great River, Focusrite red, Avalon, etc. You can definitely get a good, workable sound; but for that *premium* sound you're gonna pay 50 times more than you want.

To cut all the bullshit- I'd recommend everyone own an SM57. Or two.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 29 mai 2024, 02:06
- © 440 Forums 2011